The ISC Chief Architect shall lead the translation and estimation of architectural needs into support requirements, including impact on current support operations and capabilities, risk analysis of proposed migrations, and supportability of new technologies. The ISC Chief Architect will be required to assist the customer interface with identifying and connecting with industry OEMs and technology leaders; working collaboratively with the customer Architecture Lead; and assist in Governance and Performance Management actions aimed at identifying architecture and technology needs and improving performance of customer IT capabilities.
The ISC Chief Architect performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components. Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis. Ensures the logical ad systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation. Responsibilities:
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA)
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Manages team members who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications.
- Leads briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience.
Des ired Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in Systems Engineering or related
- 4+ years of experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on cloud, server, storage, and networking
- 2+ years of experience leading Cloud Computing teams and projects in a large, regulated enterprise environment
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience translating organizational architectural needs into task order requirements.
- Experience facilitating collaboration with a wide range of OEM and technology leaders.
- Experience designing enterprise architectures similar to what is needed for the FDIC IT environment.
My SAIC Benefits.