YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.
What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don't take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America's Best Employers
To provide comprehensive Enterprise Architecture (EA) leadership in supporting various HR related domains like Human Capital Management (HCM) targeted towards Recruitment, Workplace & Productivity, Career & Learning, Retention, as well as Supplier and Procurement Management domains that focus on Sourcing, Contracts Management, Vendor Relationship Management and Third-Party Risk Management products.
The candidate will help lead architecture planning sessions; identify and capture the business and technical capabilities needed; document current-state, target-state, and transition architectures; and make recommendations for future-state direction based on best practices and practical considerations around Navy Federal's business needs. Candidate must be a detail-oriented technical professional who can help build our technical strategy and apply sound security and operational best practices for solutions hosted in the cloud, or on premise using latest industry trends.
• Develop robust and secure target architectures ensuring the integration points of end-user technology services and other related services are consistent, scalable, and flexible
• Develop architectural documentation and/or artifacts for use in business and technology projects, knowledge transfer, decision support, and product evaluation
• Develop and apply architectural reference patterns that guide the selection, development, implementation and use of information technology within the enterprise, IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS ecosystems
• Enforce enterprise architecture standards and facilitate architectural governance based on business and information technology strategies
• Collaborate on architecture reviews to assess the integrity and quality of proposed technical solutions
• Identify and provide recommendations for the acceptance or mitigation of any issues and risks associated with requirements, proposed solutions, architectural designs, implementation plans and timelines
• Provide forward-thinking technical expertise and thought leadership in current and emerging technologies, development practices, market trends and best practices
• Anticipate and plan for internal and/or external business challenges (i.e., Regulatory, Compliance), with the ability to recommend process, product, or service enhancements
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (e.g., vendors, etc.)
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications - All required unless otherwise noted
• Bachelor's or master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Should have experience of architecting and delivering solutions across multiple enterprise architecture domains (technology, application, information, and infrastructure)
• Demonstrated Architectural experience of designing and advising on enterprise-wide infrastructure technologies supported in a multitude of deployment locations and ecosystems including PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, storage, networks, etc.
• Demonstrated experience with the cloud computing, hosting, and managed services constructs to effectively architect and transition on-premise solutions to the cloud
• Demonstrated experience with The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) v.9 or relevant architecture framework
• Experience in systems design and architecture for large scale platforms or suite of applications driving modernization strategies into execution (Mainframe to Microservices). Cloud Computing experience with any service provider like Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
• Demonstrated experience communicating technical concepts and practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience, including non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated experience translating business needs and requirements into comprehensive, useful, and clear architecture designs (i.e., logical architecture, system interaction) and artifacts
• Demonstrated experience facilitating review and validation of architecture designs by technical and non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and executing on architecture designs into IT solutions and roadmaps to achieve specific business outcomes
• Demonstrated experience in performing various forms of analysis including systems analysis, business process analysis and/or Fit/Gap analysis
• Proficient using analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve technical challenges and identify patterns of software quality and reusability
• Proficient using creative and innovative thinking skills to create original concepts and approaches for various projects and stakeholders
• Proficient verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team within a matrixed environment
• Ability to deliver presentations to virtual and in-person teams
• Preferable experience leading and delivering multiple global On Premise & Cloud implementation projects on Oracle Fusion HCM Cloud and PeopleSoft. Additional experience with Fusion Global Human Resource Implementations, Fusion Benefits, Fusion Talent Management Implementation, HCM Compensation Implementation, Fusion Apps Security Administration is desirable.
• Experience with architecture engagements playing a key role in large Vendor and Procurement Management related Transformation projects that could include strategies for managing Vendor Contracts, Risk, Performance, Change, and other metadata.
• Microsoft Azure and/or AWS Solution Architect certification(s)
• Relevant Business and IT Architecture Certifications such as TOGAF, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE), COBIT, ITIL, etc.
• Specific experience with Agile, SCRUM, DevOps based programs preferred.
• Familiarity with banking and financial industry standards and practices
• Familiarity with regulatory and compliance-related mandates such as CCPA and GDPR
• Familiarity with Navy Federal functions, philosophy, operations, and organizational objectives
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
The salary range for this position is: $130,500 - $184,400
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
*Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position will be temporarily working from home with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership*
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.