Leidos is looking for an Information System Security Manger (ISSM) to support a large opportunity for Leidos supporting operations for Integrated Information & Cyber Security Services including Enterprise Operations, End User Support, Software Engineering, Cloud technologies and Cyber Security. The ISSM is the primary Information Assurance (IA) decision maker and responsible for the management and technical administration of the Information System (IS) in accordance with internal and external security requirements. The ISSM will oversee day-to-day information system security operations, resolve complex problems, and develop innovative solution to meet changing security requirements. The ISSM will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Information Assurance technical domain. Ability to work independently as well as with a team of analysts trained in operations research, mathematics, and other skills. The ideal candidate will be adaptable to diverse office situations, procedures and demands.
Responsible for the following tasks:
• Continuous upkeep, monitoring, analysis, and response to Information System, network and security events.
• Documents compliance activities in accordance with the governing authority approved authorization package.
• Develop procedures and documentation to ensure compliance with Configuration Management (CM) for security relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware.
• Ensures systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance the governing authority approved authorization package and customer directives.
• Ensures records are maintained for workstations, servers, software, routers, firewalls, network switches, and other relevant hardware/equipment throughout the information system's life cycle.
• Evaluates proposed changes or additions to the information system and advises senior site leadership of the security relevance.
• Lead / conduct security IS education and training.
• Mentor other engineers in the art of cybersecurity and secure software development practices
• Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments and Continuous Monitoring.
• Lead investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Facility Security and Senior Program Managers.
• Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
• Working with the Facility Security Officer (FSO) develop, implements and manage a formal Information Security / Information Systems Security Program.
• Develop, implement and enforce Information Security Policies and Procedures.
• Author, review and update IS Authorization documentation (Body of Evidence) to support IS Assessment and Authorization activities
• Active TOP SECRET SCI clearance and/or U.S. Department of Energy Q clearance
• U. S. Citizen
• Bachelor's degree and 8 - 12 years related experience in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or a Masters with 6 - 10 years of related experience. Additional relevant experience, training, and / or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Detailed understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST, ICD, and CNSS standards.
• Familiarity with network technologies (LAN & WAN) and best practices within a classified environment to include crypto and key management
• Working knowledge with Microsoft Windows operating systems (workstation & server), Linux, and system virtualization (multiple hypervisors) in a secure network environment.
• Experience with compliance scanning tools (e.g., SCAP) and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g., ACAS)
• Hands on experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation and management
• Must be able to work in a constantly changing regulatory environment with short, mid and long term timelines for remediating any non-compliance
• Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change
• Good writing and verbal presentation skills
• Staff shall meet DoD 8570 SD 205.1
• IAM Level III
• Past or current ISSM/ISSO experience
• DoD IS knowledge and experience
• Detailed understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Security hardening scripting/automation experience
• Microsoft OS Certification (MCSE Win 7 or other)
• Linux certification (RHCSA, CompTIA Linux, LCFS/LCFE, etc.)
• Understanding of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) standards
• Strong knowledge of secure coding practices and vulnerability/quality scanning tools (e.g., Fortify, SonarQube)
• Knowledge of agile development processes and DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence
• Experience developing and delivering modern software, including microservices, containers, and hybrid cloud architectures