Description Position Summary:
We are seeking a Help Desk Support Analyst to join the New York Information Technology Team. The Help Desk provides a single point of contact for technical support for internal customers. This position will report directly to the IT Help Desk Manager. Essential Functions:
• The Help Desk Support Analyst will be responsible for responding to incoming phone calls and e-mails in a timely fashion and escalate as needed for timely resolution. Assist clients with support for proprietary software, Windows software, computers, computer peripherals, basic computer networking, VoIP phones and mobile devices. Diagnose and resolve desktop-related interoperability issues, security issues pertaining to the OS, system access, passwords, and authentication. Utilize call tracking tool in an effective manner; maintaining and ensuring accuracy of all logged in information. Accurately and fully document all troubleshooting and resolution steps within call tracking tool. Escalate critical incidents to Help Desk Manager and other IT groups as needed. Share organizational and technical knowledge with other Help Desk team members. Create documentation from the resolutions that will give other Support Analysts the ability to solve incidents that would normally be escalated. Follow standard operating procedures around process and documentation. Conduct beta-testing of new software as directed by the IT Help Desk Manager. Must be available for noon to 8pm shift. Qualifications Skills Required:
Affirmative Action/Diversity Inclusion at Segal:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot user hardware, software and voice issues and effective problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver timely work products in an environment where deadlines overlap.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective time management.
- Knowledge of Windows 10, office productivity software, document management and diagnostic software, including but not limited to the Microsoft Office 2016, Outlook 365, iManage (FileSite), Adobe Acrobat, Citrix, McAfee End Point Encryption, VPN.
- Knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware.
- Working knowledge of network printing applications and troubleshooting.
- Minimum of 2 years of Help Desk / Desktop support experience on Windows 7/10 operating systems
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.