IT SME - Data Engineer
Location: Greater Denver, CO (*some remote flex: 1-2 days/ wk)
Rate / conversion salary: *compensation commensurate with experience
Duration: 6 months
The Data Engineer will be part of a team delivering business intelligence solutions in Finance and Supply Chain. The client's technologies include a traditional Data Warehouse with Tableau / Cognos reporting and a Big Data solution that we are moving to Microsoft Azure. Projects are now run in an Agile methodology, utilizing Rally or Jira, in addition to applying DevOps principles. The Data Engineer will be working with the Development Team, developing reporting and data movement solutions. The software application landscape includes many technologies:
* Data Visualization (Tableau, Cognos, Power BI).
* Data Movement (DataStage, Informatica, Sqoop)
* Databases technologies include: Oracle and Hadoop Databases
Top Daily Responsibilities:
* Work through support issues and small enhancements related to the IT Finance solution (Tableau/Data Stage).
* Complete work as a developer on some projects as assigned.
* Work with architects to understand solutions.
* Oversee and contribute to detailed designs/source to target mappings.
Skills a Top Candidate Should Have:
* Tableau / Data Engineer with deep knowledge of how to build and maintain Tableau Server dashboards.
* Experience with Tableau Reporting, Exposure to ETL Jobs, SQL Experience.
3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the below areas:
* Experience developing ETL jobs in DataStage or Informatica
* Experience with Tableau and Cognos reporting development
* Experience with data models
* Experience with Agile Projects
* Exposure to Python
Other: Visa sponsorship will not be provided by the client, must be open to converting to permanent hire