Quality Engineer/Sr Quality Engineer x3
MN, NC or Remote
Contract to hire
What Project/Projects will the candidate be working on while on assignment?
-This role supports teams delivering additional capabilities a platform. The platform is an evidence-based treatment, utilization management and analytics service that helps reduce medical expenses associated with a range of high cost, complex treatments. The application is supported by 22+ Scrum Teams globally with each Scrum Team typically consisting of a Product Owner, a Systems Analyst, 3-4 Software Developers, and 2 Quality Engineers.
Candidates for the Sr. Quality Engineer role work in conjunction with the engineering team to develop quality test case scenarios for web-based software applications. The expectation is that this person will be capable of testing both front-end and back-end processes to capture defects as early on in the software development lifecycle as possible. The candidate will play a vital role in ensuring the team delivers high quality business critical projects within the expected delivery window.
Healthcare background would be ideal with an emphasis on claims and prior authorization.
1) Culture fit
2) Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
3) Solid organizational skills; focus on accuracy; attention to detail
4) Working experience within an Agile environment
5) Must be a critical thinker.
• Serve as a primary IT resource for medium-size projects to large-size projects
• Expertise developing automated test scripts using Selenium, Cucumber, with integration to Jenkins and Sauce labs
• Proven experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using Selenium WebDriver using Java
• Experience testing GUI applications, web services and/or web applications (Backend and frontend)
• Experience testing REST services
• Experience in Automation ATDD framework implementation
• Ensure that development standards and procedures are adhered to
• Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in Agile development environments
• Experience developing Java code with latest web design concepts
• Provide accurate and timely estimates for tasks
• Good understanding of multiple test automation frameworks and Dev Ops
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly and solve problems
• Demonstrated technical and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adjust to meet the needs of the audience
• Detail oriented with the ability to work with others during time constraints to meet deadlines
• Experience in relational databases
• Undergraduate degree in IT field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of automated testing experience in Java
• 3+ years working with RESTful services
• 3+ years working with cross-browser testing
• 2+ years working with relational databases
• 2+ years working in an Agile environment
We cannot provide sponsorship upon conversion
• Healthcare Industry experience strongly preferred
• Working experience with one or more of the following Maven, Openshift, Github and mySQL is a plus
• Knowledge of testing AngularJS or Angular applications is a plus
• Extensive experience in complex projects with division or company-wide scope
• Development background is a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or