Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, we're looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in Person®.
If you're ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us.
The IT department is currently seeking a developer to analyze, design, code, test and deploy software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors.
Be ready to\:
provide analysis and development of specifications and review prepared programming specifications
- develop detailed system designs and review approved system designs with project team
- develop application code and review code that requires modification
develop and coordinate technical implementation plan
- unit test application code and assist with system testing
- prepare and update all necessary documentation
- perform implementation activities
- provide production support including on-call rotation and technical assistance to end-user and IT staff
- review schedules, objectives, and priorities with service manager
- initiate suggestions for improvement to systems and procedures
- assist with routine work of the department as required
Be equipped with\:
five or more years of development experience in SAP ABAP
- knowledge of Object-oriented programming (e.g. Java, C#)
knowledge of the software development life cycle
- experience with SQL Server, DB2 or equivalent relational databases
- excellent communication and teamwork skills with the proven ability to multi-task
- the ability to provide application support, including responding to support after business hours
- effectively troubleshoot, debug and solve issues of medium complexity and moderate risk
- knowledge of file handling and manipulation tools and techniques
- strong analytical and organizational skills
- the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- self-starter and able to perform job with moderate supervision
- the ability to work in a team environment and to complete work independently
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or you're new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional - all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits and amenities packages.
Many departments at our Headquarters in Fairfield, Ohio, offer hybrid work options, empowering associates to work from home several days a week. Depending on your IT role and responsibilities, hybrid and fully remote options are available. .
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgender status; religion; national origin; age; disability; military service; veteran status; pregnancy; AIDS/HIV or genetic information; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn more about the Federal Employment Notices