Zycron has joined with Civil Services company in search of a GIS Administrator to work on year-long project to upgrade existing legacy ESRI GIS system to new Enterprise model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides on-going administration of the GIS application as well as other related technologies, applications, and systems.
- Provides application expertise and technical support to employees regarding processes and procedures.
- Works with users to identify problems or issues related to system performance.
- Performs basic configuration, upgrade, troubleshooting, testing, coding, and programming to ensure the applications peak performance.
- Serves as the liaison between company users, internal IT, and application vendors.
- Documents system changes and new processes.
- Researches and develops recommendations for operating efficiencies and application upgrades.
- Manages projects within time and budget guidelines, including the conduct of research, preparation of presentation materials, development of recommendations, project implementation, monitoring and revision, as necessary.
- Skilled in administration of ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Server, Portal, ArcGIS Online, Monitor and Desktop software including performance monitoring and tuning, service configuration, security, and licensing.
- Demonstrates a keen understanding of spatial data and algorithms.
- Shows the ability to enter data quickly, correctly, and efficiently.
- Understands how to convert data from older sources such as maps and books into digital formats.
- Understands how to create and edit metadata.
- Possesses the ability to build models in order to create an efficient workflow.
- Demonstrates a vast knowledge of cartography and at least some understanding of graphic design.
- Skilled in the installation and configuration of ESRI applications
- Demonstrates knowledge of server configuration requirements for the installation of software.
If interested in learning more about Zycron and this opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to Kelly Parsons at
- Job ID Number: 69339 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client's requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client's project/job. We look forward to working with you.
Zycron, a Brand of BG Staffing, Inc. (NYSE American: BGSF), is one of the largest IT solutions firms headquartered in Tennessee. We provide client-specific solutions from staffing to outsourcing across all industries, with extensive experience in health care, energy and utilities, and state and local government.
To learn more about our services visit www.zycron.com