The Technology Division has an opportunity for a Senior Agile Business Analyst/Product Owner with strong business analysis skills and deep understanding of middle and back office asset management operations to join the growing team in center-city Philadelphia.
The successful candidate will collaborate effectively with the business operations team to focus on transforming our regional middle and back office platforms to a strategic global model by translating business operations requirements to forward thinking technology solutions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties of Lead Business Analyst / Product Owner for high visibility and high priority projects.
- For Agile / Scrum projects - Write Epics, Features and user stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- For Traditional / Waterfall projects – Write business and functional requirements documents/specifications and test scripts
- Work closely with the assigned project managers / scrum masters and business to define the scope of a project.
- Own and manage the backlog. Ensure that the backlog items are appropriately groomed, prioritized and estimated and that the team fully understand what needs to be delivered.
- Identify and raise risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, etc. to support solution delivery.
- Help to define mitigations, resolutions, implementation, and other actions to remove obstacles to quality and supportable solution delivery.
- Perform testing and validation for the projects. Ultimately own accepting the work from technology side.
- Facilitating business acceptance of completed transition solution
- Provide guidance as required when there are critical production issues which may require business analyst inputs.
- Asset Management Industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience delivery technology value to business Operations (middle and back office)
- Deep experience in SDLC using both agile/scrum and traditional/waterfall methodologies
- Proficient knowledge of tools such as Jira with GreenHopper and Rally for backlog management.
- Ability to analyze data and write SQL queries using SQL Server and Sybase
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and guide / mentor other business analysts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Highly effective time management skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed – always striving to improve skill set
- Demonstrated use of best practice business and technical analysis principles such as process analysis and definition using structured approaches, etc.
- CSPO designation highly desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field