IT Analyst/Business Advocate
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business processes. Work with Business Segments
within the County on proposed projects.
Facilitate requirement gathering and business requirement documentation to assist DoIT teams.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a business-related curriculum or equivalent experience
PMP certification desired
ITIL certification desired
IT/IS experience required
Experience managing and motivating a team of diverse professionals desired
PMP Certification and ITIL certification highly preferred. Understanding of the PMI methodology, preferred
Must have comprehensive IT/IS Project Management experience
High energy and ability to deal with complex stressful environments
A "take charge" approach and desire to remove project roadblocks resolve issues and mitigate risks
Strong business acumen (specifically assessing business readiness and mitigation plans)
Strong communication and presentation skills
Ability to manage multiple mid-sized project simultaneously, lead a specified team through successful completion of work/project efforts as required or define
Demonstrated experience in building win-win relationships with Businesses and Vendors
Strong ability to manage a portfolio of work and/or projects for their respective Business Segment(s) assigned.
Must have the discipline and rigor to optimally use the project management tools and methodologies (e.g. MS Project) to ensure continuity to the business as well as IT Operations.
Applies Project Management principles and applicable client methodologies and standards to ensure successful project completion within the constraints of Scope, Schedule/Time, Budget/Cost, and
Experience with projects or work efforts that have multiple stakeholders, business segments as well as vendors.
Must have the commitment to produce and deliver high quality project charters, plans, budget, status updates and all applicable reporting.
* Business Liaison on behalf of the Department of Information Technology (DoIT). Manage all work and/or Projects from their respective Business Segments that will impact DoIT in some fashion.
* Support multiple Business Segments within the County for all IT initiatives or proposed projects.
* Work directly with the Business and DoIT to ensure appropriate processes and documentation are adhered to. Ensure that all DoIT initiatives / projects are effectively channeled through a defined
(Conceptualization, Initiate, Plan, Execute/Control/Monitor, Post-Implementation & Closure Phases) for all business DoIT work / projects to ensure we establish a high level of quality, accuracy and
* Facilitate all business desired IT work / project pipeline review. Create standardized leading indicators and metrics that may be acted up to improve the overall involvement and engagement of the
Business Advocate role by the business.
* Be an advocate of the Department of Information Technology and champion an easy to do business with approach; drive continuous improvement on all related Business advocacy processes,
documents and tools to ensure standardization and simplification of the process on behalf of the business being able to engage and work with the Department of Information Technology organization.
* Strong technical background that may effectively guide the business to the most rationale and feasible solution as it pertains to anything relating to Information Technology solutions.
* Quarterback all IT initiatives / projects desired by the Business Segment through the determination segment of the DoIT In-Take process. As well, support non-standard DoIT efforts where a Shadow-
IT organization may exist within the business.
* Manage all Business desired IT initiatives with regard to engaging with the DoIT organization
* Develop Rough Order of Magnitude, forecast and present budgetary needs, develop and maintain Statements of Work for all projects. Ensure appropriate approvals are obtained as required.
* Monitor all IT work is performed and completed as per a reasonable timeframe or plan
* Provide input to tools or services already managed by the DoIT organization to the business. Ensure that the business has clarity and sight into the DoIT Service Catalog
* Provide comprehensive analysis of business IT initiatives alignment decisions; advise and drive sales quota setting process.
* Provide guidance, insight and recommendations to leadership teamfocused on increased revenue growth while improving overall sales team performance and effectiveness
* Work cross functionally with Vendor / Contract Management on all vendor engagements that will require RFI, RFQ or RFP, contracts and Statement of Work (SOW).
* Work cross functionally with appropriate IT departments to ensure the most ideal technology solution is being presented to the business
* Work cross functionally with Procurement and Asset Management to ensure that all technology is ordered according to policies and recorded within our CMDB / Asset Management system
* Support the Business Advocacy strategy and enablement initiatives around the DoIT initiatives / project in-take processes and methodology * focused on improving business and DoIT overall
productivity, visibility and tracking of all IT initiatives on behalf of their respective Business Segments.
* Assists in transition planning of new work / project to appropriate team members or PMO
* If appropriate will be called up to manage Micro or Small project initiatives as deemed necessary by PMO or leadership
* Lead alongside Vendor / Contract management timely signing of annual contract renewals.
* Responsible for the framework and management of the Business Advocacy policies / procedures that is fully aligned with operations, IT, finance, legal and organizations on a recurring basis
* Identify areas for improvement, and design and facilitate successful implementation and adoption of new processes
* Work cross functionally with IT, vendors, M&B / Procurement, legal, etc. to solve complex business problems and drive strategic and/or Capital planning projections.
* Participates in the recruitment, management and development of the DoIT Business Advocate team. Also assists in implementing effective talent planning including evaluating current and future needs
for hiring, developing or restructuring positions.
* Ensure that the business is provided with IT representation when determining technology solutions for their areas.
* Facilitates and helps in obtaining, reviewing and documenting business requirements, high level scope, and high level design, RFP development with DoIT Vendor / Contract Manager, Bill of Materials
(BOM), High Level Resource Needs, High Level Schedule, and Baseline Budget.
* Works with the different areas coordinating communications, process changes and training as required supporting Business IT related needs.
* Escalate issues or risks to DoIT prior to business escalation
* Develop detailed schedules and monitor through the life of a project or work completion
* Present DoIT work or project-related presentations for executive-level leadership to keep open communication
* Assist within the RFP, Vendor selection, Contract defining, SOW development, Vendor management, project charter, plan and budget and obtain team and management approval.
* Track and report on progress to plan for all DoIT work / projects for business segment(s).
* Analyze the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with IT related objectives.
* Keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
* Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk strategies.
* Assure timely adaptive action is taken when Risks or issues occur.
* Manage change control to preserve business plan commitments. Initiate Phase Review if objectives must change.
* Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers.
* Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
* Coordinate management and technical decisions.
* Arbitrate and resolve conflict and interface problems within the work or project.
* Provide input on the performance of project team members to their supervisors.