Posting Details Alliant Energy
has an outstanding opportunity for an IT Analyst I - Hybrid
to join the team in Madison, WI, or Cedar Rapids, IA.
In this role you will Analyze, design, code, test, implement and maintain simple to moderately sophisticated and smaller and more defined system projects, business applications, and purchased business systems using tools and products deployed on multiple technology platforms and on a corporate-wide basis.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are vital.Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position.
This position may be filled at a higher level depending upon qualifications.
Hybrid - This position currently offers a blend of working from home and in the Madison, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA
office on average two
days per week. The individual must reside in either Iowa or Wisconsin. Job Responsibilities
Job Qualifications Preferred Qualifications
- Following general instructions, ensures critical review points and quality assurance controls are included in all application development projects.
- Assists with developing cost estimates associated with recommended system development solutions.
- Assists in defining user stories and participates in workshops, data and process modeling, and prototyping sessions.
- Assists in ensuring business and technical needs and opportunities are identified and satisfied throughout solution development.
- Assists in the gathering and analysis of information required for proper technical design, including the identification and evaluation of purchased package solutions.
- Works with data/database administration functions to ensure proper design of system databases and appropriate integration with other corporate and contact center data.
- Assists with analyzing information and business process flows to implement new applications and integrate them with existing applications.
- Performs testing for moderately sophisticated systems and assists other analysts in testing systems. Helps develop critical measures to test function and system performance improvements.
- Assists business team in identifying training requirements to support application and other information technology use.
- Required to participate in an on-call support rotation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree - in information technology or related area.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware SOA, Java or similar.
- Experience developing web services, preferably in Oracle SOA Suite.
- Experience with integration platforms, Dell Boomi, Tibco, Mulesoft.
- Experience with Automation tool like Jenkins, Ansible.
- Experience with SOA Administration preferrable for Oracle SOA suite. Understand the concepts of keys, certificates.
- Agile environment experience.
- Understands knowledge of concepts of information technology.
- Demonstrated ability to implement standard analysis, programming, and testing techniques.
- Ability to determine the use of appropriate current information processing technology, applies logical reasoning to moderately complex situations, and analyze problems of a moderately complex nature and derives workable solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain business applications using application development tools as defined.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment.
: It's not just what we do; it's how we do it.
Live Safety. Everyone. Always | Make Things Better | Care For Others | Do The Right Thing | Act For Tomorrow | Think Beyond. Be Bold
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool of candidates is received.
Alliant Energy is committed to and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.