Wayne State College is seeking an IT Analyst.
Wayne State College has been educating students for more than 100 years. Located in Northeast Nebraska, close to Sioux City, Iowa, and within a two-hour drive to Sioux Falls, Omaha and Lincoln, the College is one of the most dynamic, regional public colleges in the Midwest. One of three members of the Nebraska State College System, the College distinguishes itself by providing educational excellence in a small, personalized setting. The beautiful 128-acre campus serves over 3,900 students who have a choice of more than 130 programs of study. In fall 2020, the College welcomed the second largest freshmen class in its history, driven by new academic programs and partnerships, updated and new facilities, and a continuing focus on supporting students with generous scholarships in their academic and co-curricular experiences. Wayne State has been the recipient of a number of awards, honors, and distinctions due to its commitment to service, student success, and providing an exceptional education at an affordable cost. The entire community is focused on making Wayne State a great place for students to thrive and advance their futures, and there is a collective sense of excitement about the future of the College.
Nature of Work:
Advanced Problem Solving Level: examples of IT focus areas include networking, software, systems, and security.
Install/Config/Develop/Maintain: software, security structures, and processes
Troubleshoot: advanced issues and additional issues as elevated from lower level positions.
Create & Design: software, processes, workflows, infrastructure, project plans, timelines, and task lists.
Monitor: highly secure technologies, workflow, security threats, vulnerabilities, and infrastructure.
Lead/Team Role: lead IT area workgroups, participate on technology advancement teams, chair technology related committees involving IT & functional staff.
Examples of Work Performed:
1. Security Analyst – Coordinate, assign, remove, develop, and evaluate security roles for the WSC instance of the Nebraska Student Information System (NeSIS)
2. Application Analyst – Analyze and document reporting and analytics requirements
3. Application Analyst – Work with various constituencies to research, make recommendations, and create data mining and analytics architectures, coding standards, statistical reporting, data analysis methodologies, and governance strategies
4. Application Analyst – Assist in the development of data management policies and procedures
5. Application Analyst – Train stakeholders on how to effectively access and use reports and analytics tools
6. Application Analyst – Interact with IT management regarding work assignments.
7. Application Developer – Write, test, debug, document, deploy, and maintain detailed programs and processes
8. Application Developer- Create informative visualizations that intuitively display large amounts of multidimensional data and/or complex relationships
9. Other duties as assigned that are pertinent to the goals and mission of the department and the college
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Information Systems.
• Advanced degree or 3+ years experience in related field.
• Experience with PeopleSoft ERP/EPM systems and technologies including PS Query Manager, Oracle SQL Developer, and Oracle OBIEE
• Experience with web form and business logic workflow creation (PeopleSoft eForms & Workflow preferred).
• Experience with Business Intelligence Software such as WebFOCUS and PowerBI, SQL, Excel, and other standard reporting tools.