IT Applications Developer (Java, Angular) in Charlotte, North Carolina
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Fortune 100 Financial Services Company
- 100-year history of dedication to customer satisfaction, success and growth
- Tremendous growth and new business strategy leading to the need for new talent
- Significant investments in cutting-edge technology
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Culture: Excellent work environment that fosters collaboration
- Growth: Ability to make an impact on the direction of the organization
- Opportunity: Gain hands-on experience working with cutting-edge technology
- Stability: Recent financial performance of the company has reported record profits
WHERE THE POSITION IS LOCATED:
- Charlotte, NC or Iselin, NJ
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
- This role focuses on developing multiple types and categories of software including end-user applications and operating systems software, that provides a platform for running end user applications.
- While working independently with limited supervision, this job applies up-to-date information on the detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Conducts requirements gathering and analysis to understand the domain of the software problem and/or functionality, the interfaces between hardware and software, and the overall software characteristics.
- Consults with systems engineers and architects on developing IT standards for the business while facilitating the translation of client requirements into technical designs for large IT solutions.
- Uses programming, scripting, and/or database languages to write the software code.
- Models key business processes and critical paths while assessing the impact of technology on business processes.
- Supports software testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolves activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and coding software enhancements.
- Maintains records for the documentation of systems development and revisions.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
- Develops, implements and assesses specific new and emerging technologies, platforms, and services.
- Assessing the technical viability of emerging products and technologies.
- Working with developers and infrastructure specialists to test and evaluate new technologies.
- Participating in the development of business cases and obtaining approvals for capital expenditures.
- Monitoring and analyzing new technology product performance and resolving issues regarding potential improvements or modifications to complex situations, as needed.
BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3-5 years of experience working with Java, Angular, and the following:
- Web Frameworks (Spring)
- Databases (SQL)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes/Openshift)
- Web services (SOAP/REST)
- Markup languages such as XML and JSON