IT Asset Management Assistant
The IT Asset Management (ITAM) team is responsible for the execution of end-to-end IT asset lifecycle management. This includes the planning, monitoring, recording, and tracking of assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts, licenses, entitlements, accounting policies and safekeeping. Further, the ITAM team is tasked with implementing solutions that allow the IT department to increase revenue, reduce costs and provide competitive advantage through support and maintenance contracts, enterprise license agreements, and a streamlined asset management framework. Attention to governance, continuous improvement, and industry best practice is critical.
Seeking a highly motivated individual to efficiently perform the receiving, monitoring and recording hardware and software assets to ensure compliance with IT and company policies, vendor contracts, licensing and lifecycle practices. The ITAM Assistant will ensure that policies and practices are carried out to safeguard IT assets and enhance the end user experience.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong customer service orientation, previous asset management experience, a team-oriented can-do mentality and able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Day to day functions such as receiving, asset tagging, shipping, updating the configuration management database (CMDB) and client management (CM) systems for asset assignment, location, service status, etc.
- Shipping of devices and accessories to various company locations and associates as needed
- Monitoring stock and initiating purchases for all IT supplies for tech support, lifecycle and other IT areas at New Jersey locations and other company locations
- Support the ITAM Administrator with term returns from terminated associates including interacting with terminated employees supervisors, HR and IT staff
- Imaging of laptops and desktop PCs for stock and deployment
- Inventory of laptops, desktop PCs, printers and other devices with barcode scanning and manually
- Mass updating of CMDB for new purchases, disposals, moves based on scanned assets, vendor reports, etc.
- Monitoring vendor ledgers and portals for new assets to be tagged and incorporated into the CMDB
- Creating ad hoc and custom reports as well as maintain various Excel reports with CMDB and CM data
- Support other areas of IT including Desktop Engineering, IT Implementation, Security, Tech Support, Business Support
- Participate in ITAM improvement initiatives and interorganizational teams
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certifications in Excel, Office and/or proven advanced Excel skills and experience including pivot tables, vlookups, mail merges and other functions
- Extensive hardware knowledge of peripherals, connectivity standards for video, networking, accessories, printers and other devices
- Experience with Windows 7/10 and all Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Notes, Access
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the ITAM field
- Excellent organizational and relationship skills
- Able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs
- Experience with Tableau, Monarch or other BI tools
- A+ and/or Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certifications
- Experience with OSD and imaging processes such as Boot Images (WinPE), Operating System Images (WIMs), Drivers, Driver Packages, PXE using SCCM, BMC or other client management/configuration tools
- BMC CMDB and CM knowledge
- Knowledge ITIL service management framework and concepts