This is an opportunity with a leading global payment technology company.
IT Asset Management Analyst
Primary responsibilities will revolve around data gathering and analysis to help in the execution of strategy for working with hardware vendors and serving the business needs while protecting the corporation's assets.
- Interface with internal resources to gather information, documentation, and records relating to hardware contracts, purchases, and maintenance consistent with project objectives and deadlines
- Review and understand vendor contracts, purchase agreements and other data to manage hardware assets effectively
- Assist asset management in keeping maintenance records up to date to assist with financial forecasting and policy compliance
- Analyze and cleanse data from multiple data sources to be entered into Visa’s global asset repository
- Contact hardware vendors for more information when needed
- Analyze maintenance renewals and identify areas for cost avoidance and cost savings
- Audit the accuracy of information in the IT asset database
- Identify and document areas for process improvement and efficiency
- Proficient with all job functions within IT asset management and the asset lifecycle from requisition to retirement.
- Must have technical background to understand the key infrastructure products including but not limited to server, network, appliances, storage, etc. and understand the core concepts behind “running IT like a business”
- Takes initiative to correct asset discrepancies based on knowledge of business rules
- Advanced ability to gather business and technology requirements
- Recommend effective solutions to highly complicated business and technical issues
- 4+ years (data center related, servers, network storage) IT Asset Management experience
- Extremely comfortable with Excel (macros), MS Access and Analytics tools such as Tableau
- Bachelor’s degree