For more than three decades, Pragmatics has provided clients with award-winning customer service and expert solutions to complex challenges. Since 1985, Pragmatics has maintained a sterling reputation as a trusted, capable and innovative solutions provider.
Pragmatics industry-leading experts currently deliver high-impact solutions to a portfolio of 25 major information technology contracts with a range of D efense and C ivilian Agencies . These include the Defense Information Systems Agency; the Departments of the Army, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Justice, State, and Treasury; the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; the General Services Administration; and several intelligence agencies. Pragmatics is proud of its ability to support our clients in achieving success in their important missions, and we look forward to continuing to provide them with the highest level of service.
Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking a Business Analyst to support Agile Teams by capturing user stories, and completing testing of software development applications. The BA/QA Analyst will elicit and define user requirements in user story format, as well as validate development through manual and/or automated functional, technical, and/or performance testing. Further, the BA/QA Analyst will develop and maintain project documentation, and create and update software testing documentation such as test cases, test plans, and test results.
This position is located in DC. Only local applicants will be considered.
No C2C or agency inquiries, please.
US Citizenship REQUIRED
- Elicit user requirements for systems development.
- Capture functional and technical requirements into user stories using JAZZ or JIRA.
- Plan , update , develop and execute manual and/or automated functional, technical, and performance testing using automated test software, as well as other tools using various technologies (.Net, SSRS, and Sharepoint) in an Agile development environment.
- Coordinate and conduct manual and automated functional and performance testing using SQL, JAZZ, and other testing tools.
- Work with Agile Teams to plan sprints and releases, maintain metrics in team dashboard, and participate in backlog grooming.
- Work within the Agile Teams to assign points for user stories and prioritize work for the product backlog.
- Work with Agile Teams pointing out functional errors, bottlenecks, and regression test subsequent enhancements.
- Conduct testing analysis at sprint reviews and provide it as part of our Software Test Plan Results delivered during each release.
- Work with other teams, including customer and third party consumer teams.
- Support customer findings and acceptance test events
- Experience in an Agile Development team completing both business analyst and quality assurance activities.
- Experience with JAZZ or JIRA.
- Ability to create and maintain user stories in JAZZ or JIRA.
- Experience conducting functional testing of web-based applications and web-services in a windows environment.
- Experience creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Result deliverables.
- Experience writing up and troubleshooting software defects.
- Automated Test Development and Result Analysis.
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server and/or Oracle .
- Familiarity with .Net, Sharepoint, and SSRS technologies.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 2 to 4 years of experience.
- A bachelor s degree
- Able to qualify for Public Trust clearance
- Must be US Citizen
Pragmatics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer . Pragmatics prohibits discrimination against employees and qualified applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Pragmatics will make reasonable accommodations, in appropriate cases, for qualified individuals with disabilities, if it can do so without undue hardship.