Universal Consulting Services, Inc. (UCS) is a rapidly growing Government contractor known for our expertise in health and IT solutions. Our driven, passionate professionals are catalysts for improving performance across all levels of Government. We have been recognized as one of Washington Technology's FAST 50 for our tremendous success as a woman-owned business, in addition to inclusion on Inc. Magazine's 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in America for 2008. Our clients include, but are not limited to, the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and Department of Treasury.
Universal Consulting Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Business Analyst for a position in Vienna, VA. The Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding and actively facilitating the SDLC and aiding the project team with successful delivery of the solution and supporting documentation. Active Secret clearance is required.
This successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying the organization's business needs through communication with the customer.
- Understanding the detailed SDLC through each phase, including planning, requirements, design, testing, and deploying.
- Producing SDLC documentation and deliverables, Requirements Documents (Functional and Non-functional), Test Scripts/Plans, Project Plans and Schedules, User Manuals.
- Able to understand and create process diagrams, use cases, and user stories.
- Knowledge of technical specifications to ensure understanding of the project and the proposed enhancements.
- Testing the system for errors, bugs, and interoperability, while organizing & tracking progress and evaluating for performance.
- Ensuring that all work products are properly coordinated with the appropriate stakeholders and meet or exceed quality standards and tracking the progress of critical dates to ensure the delivery of a successful project.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Business, or related field
- Experience in requirements analysis, system testing, and/or quality assurance for information systems development projects (or similar industry experience). Task lead experience is highly desired.
- Ability to work within an integrated team of technical and functional staff in an Agile development environment
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Outstanding communication skills in both oral and written formats
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Experience with JIRA is plus.
- Active Secret clearance is required.