Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
The IT Business Analyst Lead works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery. Conducts detailed research of vendor products and assists with general project management.
Strategy & Planning
• Work with stakeholders to take a business goal, objective, or idea and transform into deliverables to support stakeholder approval, development, and testing.
• Work with Solution Architect to create necessary deliverables and artifacts support the delivery of the ideal solution to meet the needs of the business.
• Become a trusted advisor to business stakeholders through interactions and quality of deliverables.
• Act as an experienced interface between business units, technology teams and support teams.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Lead the efforts to identify opportunities continuously to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Identify client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement to address and resolve business issues.
• Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution.
• Gather, analyze and document business and functional requirements from clients and business users.
• Analyze, document, and improve workflows, processes, and standards.
• Understand business process management and excel at eliciting and gathering business requirements of the customers and translating them to specific software requirements.
• Communicate effectively with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements including GUI, screen and interface designs.
• Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Mentor other Business Analysts on the eCommerce team through leadership, working side-by-side, and hands-on leadership.
• Provide training and documentation for supported applications.
• Utilize existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
• Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution within the group.
• Provide application expertise as a project resource.
• Train and mentor other Business Analysts as assigned.
• Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
• Research or prototype new tools and/or technologies.
• Assist with other projects as necessary to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the teamwork.
• Lead internal teams/task forces on initiatives as assigned.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree in IT, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 8+ years IT and/or Business experience in Business Analyst Role.
• 8+ years working with internal clients and/or external agencies/partners.
• Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications.
• 5+ years experience in eCommerce projects. IBM WebSphere Commerce preferred.
• Experience with enterprise OMS and enterprise CMS platforms preferred.
• Understanding of various essential business functions of an organization.
• Strong technical knowledge coupled with business intelligence and ability to understand customer's needs.
• Strong ability to facilitate process mapping activities and working knowledge of mapping techniques.
• Strong understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Strong understanding with how legacy and web-based system interfaces with each other.
• Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative global work environment.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Ability to develop relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.