Pelham Berkeley Search is a premiere provider of corporate IT recruiting that has been helping talented IT professionals to further their careers since 1995.
Top Firm in NYC has a full-time opportunity for an experienced IT Business Analyst.
This is a full time direct hire role with an international firm that offers interesting work and competitive compensation (110-140K+ bonus) and a great benefits package.
This is a newly created position which reports directly to the CIO. You will collaborates with legal practice groups and administrative departments to identify, evaluate, and recommend advanced technologies and industry best practices to determine solutions to enhance business processes and increase attorney productivity. This position manages the full life cycle of projects incorporating both analytical and technical skills.
In summary you will:
- Partner with legal practice groups, attorney leader groups, and administrative departments to identify business requirements and related practice specific technology
- Work collaboratively with IT teams and subject matter experts to analyze application specifications, evaluate new technologies and assess risks
- Research innovations in technology, conduct and document detailed comparison analysis, lead proof of concept (POC) of new technology tools, recommend best solutions
- Manage process improvement projects, create roadmaps, develop and execute test plans for process improvement initiatives, make recommendations setting proper stakeholder and user expectations
- Manage project plans/timelines to ensure key deliverables for assigned projects are met; ensure issues affecting the project(s) are promptly communicated and effectively resolved
- Work with information technology (IT) subject matter experts to ensure new software integrations meet functional requirements and interface specifications
- Facilitate and manage business requests, coordinate multiple projects concurrently with clear project deliverables and timelines
- Provide project progress and outcome feedback to management using subjective and statistical analysis in order to demonstrate level of success
- Develop cost estimates and assist with the creation of statistical and analytical reports in preparation of the annual budget
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge technology and best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience required, most preferably at a major law firm
- Experience managing large scale projects and working with technology teams
- Demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion regarding confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing and present information to individuals and groups
- Experience with standard software applications, including MS Office and Windows
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management best practices
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data, guidelines and factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances
- Ability to organize, prioritize, plan and multi-task work activities in a high pressure environment
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel
- Training ability/experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related course of study
- Professional certifications as appropriate are preferred (e.g., PRINCE2, CAPM, PMP, etc.)