Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Direct Manager: VP of IT
The IT Business Analyst role is to deliver warehouse management business solutions through application enhancement and support activities. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as DC operations and the IT department. The IT Business Analyst is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house and vendor provided software applications training programs and related courseware. IT Business Analyst will be required to identify and translate business functional and non-function objective into formal business requirement documents, functional requirement documents and process flow diagrams.
- Manages the day to day performance of the warehouse management system
- Primary Technical Support for 2 Distribution Centers (50%) and serves as the on-site liaison between the DC operations supervisors and leads managing escalations related to service disruption, performance, or other issues as they materialize
- Coordinates, schedules, and executes planned and ad-hoc maintenance of the Warehouse Management Systems in partnership with IT, including configuration changes
- Troubleshoot and fix hardware issues (office & ticket printers, handheld devices, desktops, laptops, phones)
- Create and manage support tickets created within the vendor portal and internal IT ticketing system
- Maintain needed level of hardware supplies (i.e. printer toner); including cleaning of internal computers, printers, and other peripherals to prevent failures
- Hardware and workspace set-up for new or existing employees
- Coordinates with IT to implement standard and recurring coding changes to allocation systems and ad-hoc changes as requested by the business
- Effectively communicate status, changes, and issues to the relevant parties and stakeholders
- Assist in the creation and execution of test plans and test cases; including various test practices such as Regression testing, UAT, and End-to-End
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate business stakeholders
- Managing any change requests related to projects, fixes, and configurations to meet the agreed deadlines
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Work with IT administrators to perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, and other updates as required by the warehouse management system
- Must provide and carry a cell phone and be available for consult or assistance when needed 24 x 7
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed with an eagerness to learn new skill sets and apply them towards project and team success.
- Extensive application support experience with mission critical large scale systems such as WMS, specifically HighJump, Microsoft database and Data Warehouse environments.
- Ability to multi-task and understand prioritization of deliverables.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Basic experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
- Working knowledge and experience with hardware and peripheral troubleshooting/support, service delivery systems, remote user networking (e.g., TCP, IP, etc.), and operating system support
- Intermediate knowledge of LAN/WAN environments
- Experience with programming languages and reporting tools such as SQL scripting and Jasper Soft reports
- Ability to write basic SQL statements for reporting and system troubleshooting
- Minimum of 3 years relevant of warehouse management systems experience required
- Experience on Enterprise level Systems such as ERP, Merchandise, Allocation, and Transportation Mgmt a plus
- Able to maneuver and work inside multiple warehouse environments including climate and non-climate controlled areas
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds along with being able to bend, stoop, stand, walk and twist as needed to perform the job
- Typical business hours are 7:00 AM ET to 4:00 PM ET Monday through Friday (hours may vary based upon business needs)
- Weekend support may be required during peak and seasonal times