Candidate will manage the IT Planning and Business Management (ITPBM) budgeting and planning activities. Work will include ensuring day to day budgeting and invoicing needs are met while simultaneously re-engineering processes to minimize manual efforts as much as possible. Key responsibilities include ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner and properly documented; properly managing payment budgets, accruals, capitalization and depreciation schedules; preparing annual and semi-annual budgets for recurring and project related expenses; etc.
This role will work closely with the Financial Administration and Corporate Planning departments to support the daily, monthly, semi-annual and annual budget and payment processes. This includes re-engineering the manual, Excel-based processes and leveraging tools such as SAP, ServiceNow and the PPM tools as much as possible. Success in this role will be measured by the ability to minimize the team' s dependency on Excel and maximizing the new Financial management tools, such as SAP.
This role presents an outstanding opportunity to have an immediate impact on the entire organization, while learning the entire business of the Bank and growing strong skillsets in Program and Business Management. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional team player with strong leadership skills; be willing to learn and work collaboratively across many teams in the entire organization.MANAGEMENT/SUPERVISION
Possibly 1 junior analystJOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the IT semi-annual and annual expense plan and budgeting processes
- Oversee the invoice processing work and ensure payments are made in a timely manner. This includes monitoring standing payments; tracking recurring spend items, etc.
- Oversee vendor issues and ensure all payment issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Re-engineer the invoice payment processes including leveraging SAP processing and reporting capability
- Lead the implementation of new processes for improving and streamlining the semi-annual and annual budget process; work with the PMO lead to manage project costs including building templates for initiative requests, tracking project spend against account rules, managing project costs to ensure transparency for individual projects, etc.
- Analyze and investigate variances on plan vs. actual and resolve issues across functional teams.
- Evaluation and management of licenses and fee agreements
- Support the ITPBM team as needed
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years' experience in IT Financial and Business Management roles in a Financial Institution
- Be an Excellent Team Player with Strong Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Significant experience in Expense Management, Budgeting, Financial Reporting
- Highly Proficient with MS Office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project
- Experience with implementation of SAP toolsets a significant advantage
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Importantly, willingness to learn, desire to grow professionally, strong initiative to take on tasks, strong collaborative nature to understand when to lead and when to follow, flexibility and adaptability