About the Team
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we've got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of
- courage & innovation
- agility & performance
- inclusivity & collaboration
- integrity & accountability
It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.Key Responsibilities:
Act as strategic advisor for legal, privacy, audit, and trade compliance through close working relationships with businesspartners. Acts as strategic interface between IT and Business Partners to stimulate, surface and shapedemand. Serves as an advisor to business partners to shape their strategywith regard totechnology andeducate partners about IT processes, roles, products and capabilities. Develops methodologies andstrategies using a broad array of communication tools to inform, persuade, influence, direct and facilitateanalysis and communication between business and IT.Key Activities:
- Act as the technology advisor and thought leader to legal and privacy business partners.
- Champion to the Business for identifying and driving innovative IT solutions.
- Lead IT transformation that drives business results.
- Communicates business needs with technology solutions team to gain alignment betweenbusinessneeds and technical capabilities.
- Influences and contributes to the overall corporate platform architecture, IT strategy and IT roadmap.
- Represents IT within the Business Units by maintaining a high degree of visibility within the business andattendingbusiness meetings and appropriate management forums, providing a central point ofinformation for allrelated IT activities
- Assists legal and privacy business partners to form/improve process and systems solutions that are appropriate andadequateto satisfy both tactical and strategic business needs
- Ensure project and initiative progress, including consistent and effective communication andmanagingescalation/risk.
- Participate in the quarterly forecasting and IT annual budgeting and planning process for theassignedbusiness units, and tracks IT spend
- Helps evaluate IT project objectives and analyzes new business initiatives
- Helps drive necessary change and accountability within the business and IT Leadership to achieveinitialand lasting value from IT Initiatives.
- Stakeholder relationship management and engagement at all levels
- Understanding of future technologies
- Business acumen and Finance principles
- Understanding of industry including financials, market trends, opportunities and threats
- Business case development including identifying metrics that drive value
- Portfolio and Program Management
- Knowledge of required technologies (incl 3rd party solutions)
- Application domain knowledge
- Oral & written communications
- Strategic problem solving / consulting
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Highly organized, capable of effectively managing competing priorities and delivering onbusiness results
- Ability to translate technology to business value while driving positive business outcomes
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Deep understanding of application portfolio, IT strategy and roadmap, and businesspriorities
- Security, privacy and risk mindset
- BRMP or CBRM certifications preferred
- Ability to influence
- Leadership -- Effectively leads teams & people
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational and Political Savviness
- Executive Presence and leadership
- Humility and Empathy
- Strategic Vision
- Ability to execute
- Adaptability / ability to lead change
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Conflict Management
• Undergraduate degree and 10+ years relevant experience, or
• Graduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience.