Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Preferred geographic locations: Santa Clara, CA, Little Falls, DE
As BIT consultant for GIS functions your primary accountabilities include:
- IT POR administrative duties include being the functional expert on the Project Portfolio Management tool, developing reports and executive-level briefs and managing the BIT IT quarterly update the calendar
- Supporting BIT supervisor in managing a large IT POR portfolio, which could include (but not limited to) owning GIS functional elements (ie HR, Global Sourcing, Global Ops)
- Integrating business partners’ long-range plans into business capability roadmaps and priorities; identifying opportunities for technology to support the success of the business and help shape the IT POR to align with the business strategic plans
- Partnering with business and functional leadership to plan new initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities
- Reducing broad concepts and business strategies into structured IT requirements.
- Advocating for awareness and focus across IT on business partner strategic plans
- Communicating with stakeholders regarding the POR process, capabilities, progress of key projects, and understanding concerns related to IT alignment
Additional responsibilities include:
- Planning lead for Stewardship POR initiatives
- Acting as an escalation point when IT processes fail or alignment with business has not occurred, as directed
- Facilitating communications on behalf of the BIT team
- Partnering with finance on setting up IT investment budgets for projects