Position: IT Change/ Release Manager Location: 100% Remote Contract Length: Through the end of 2021 + extension and/or strong potential to convert FTE. Top Requirements:
Day to Day Responsibilities/project specifics:
- 7+ years of IT experience. Need to have a technical background in order to talk to the engineers/developers and understand their background and why they think the way they do, etc.
- 5+ years of Change and Release Management experience
- ITIL experience/knowledge - certification is nice, but not required.
- Experience implementing internal change controls and processes within an enterprise environment.
- Must have strong business acumen, be able to interact with executives and stakeholders at a high level.
- Support/facilitates: change requests, Risk Assessment sessions, Change Advisory Board, Change administration related activities.
- Support implementation of change management process within the organization that is aligned with the IT Internal stakeholders and 3 rd level support party's.
- Implemented change management process need to obtain agility towards different Project Mgt approaches like waterfall, agile PM and scrum, while minimizing the risk for service interruption caused by changes.
- Act like a process manager, who facilitates to change process from Service Delivery perspective.
- Working together with other process managers from other ITIL areas to improve process management and change controls across the company.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in an operational IT role(s) including change management and release management skills.
- Comfortable with-and well-versed in-ITIL Service Transition processes
- Core competencies: ITIL Certified, Project Management, Stakeholder Management, Agile Methodology, Influence without Authority, Solid communication and presentation skills in English.
- Experience in the IT Utilities domain, preferably in IT Operations or (IT) Security areas
- Comfortable with working in multi-vendor, internationally dispersed environment
- Experienced in working with IT Service Toolsets such as ServiceNow
- Capability to grow to act independently with minimal supervision
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or