SUMMARY: EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
IT Cloud Architect serves the company as an advisor on best practices and is responsible for designing and effectively implementing strategies and solutions in alignment with IT strategy and guidelines. The IT Cloud Architect will report directly to the CTO, and matrixed into Business Unit (BU) leadership, working closely with CloudOps, Cloud migration and transformation teams, partners and technology vendors, and business unit leaders.
The Cloud Architect will develop and drive the hybrid cloud strategy, execution playbook, and runbook, for the purpose of delivering to business competitively low cost and high-quality hosting and managed services solutions, based on standardization, rationalization, and innovation.
The Hybrid Cloud Vision is a public cloud first (e.g. 80% workload on Azure, AWS Google), with a small co-lo near cloud data center, with backup and disaster recovery in the public cloud, with Hi-Trust security built-in, leveraging cloud-native PaaS and tools, in order to:
RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS: Domain Level:
- drive down technology cost
- simplify integration for provisioning, monitoring, security management, and cost management across cloud environments and providers
- establish CloudOps managed services standard
- drive industry-leading automation (i.e. Infrastructure-as-Code by default)
Solution (Project) Level:
- Accountable for adhering to corporate architecture standards, ensuring technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization and contributing to corporate architecture strategy-setting.
- Develops and drives hybrid cloud strategy, standard, and solution reference architecture, including cloud provider choice, co-lo, legacy data center retirement, compute, networking, storage, workload placement, subscription model, etc.
- Develops standard cloud playbook and runbook, in partnership with BU teams, partners and vendors.
- Partner with CISO for Hi-Trust readiness of cloud solution.
- Develops business case for transformation programs / projects in partnership with BU teams and partners / vendors (e.g. Microsoft)
- Communicates and encourages cross-BU collaboration through Community of Interest (COI).
- Partners with Bus to develop and validate standards, solution blueprints through practical deployments and capture IP and accelerators.
- Develops and maintains Hybrid Cloud strategy, standards, and blueprints as agile projects/releases.
- Governs compliance to standards and strategy.
- Builds trusted relationships with BU, partners and technology vendors.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
- Acts as subject matter expert on Azure & AWS cloud environments to support the business.
- Provides leadership and direction for defining application specific cloud strategy aligned to Company's business and technology roadmaps.
- Works within the business units, application developers, security, and infrastructure engineers to design and build applications and services within Azure/AWS and/or other cloud providers
- Assesses, reports on and makes recommendations regarding current and proposed cloud architectures, strategies and systems
- Researches, analyzes, recommends and selects technical approaches to address challenging development and integration problems with cloud environments.
- Defines the conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms.
- Assists project teams in understanding and meeting cloud requirements as needed
- Supports DevOps functions to best utilize cloud resources with software configuration management and continuous integration tools.
- Assists in vendor/product selection activities including Requests for Proposal (RFP's)
- Documents processes and procedures related to cloud architectures
- Stays up to date with existing and new cloud services, providing guidance to technical teams as available cloud capabilities evolve.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related area required. Master's preferred. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Azure or AWS Solution Architect certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Seven to ten (7 to 10) years' experience in the implementation and maintenance of enterprise level systems, including public/hybrid/private cloud platforms. Experience in a large complex enterprise environment, preferably in Healthcare, Insurance or similarly government-regulated environment. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Security protocols and the design, integration and maintenance of these protocols.
- Ability to manage, assess and negotiate with vendors.
- Ability to mentor and lend guidance to team as needed.
- Expert knowledge of architectural design.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and capture ideas into strategy and standards
- Ability to execute governance of cloud standards and strategy
- Ability to set strategic architectural direction.
- Ability to identify architecture components for reuse.
- A clear understanding of the architecture standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Leadership, Business Partners and IT Infrastructure team
- Knowledge of IT and IT's priorities, strategies, and current capabilities.
- Knowledge of technology and the current technical environment.
- Ability to breakdown the requirements into projects and determine timelines and dependencies with the other domains/ projects.
- Understanding of ongoing and planned projects and their inter-dependencies/ timelines.
Work is performed both in the office and in the field with minimal hazards. The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.