VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified IT Consultant to support the U.S. House of Representatives effort in Washington, DC.
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: Able to obtain an 85P public trust
This task requires one information technology consultant subcontractor staff to assist Congressional customers with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technical support issues, as well as consulting with customers on their business processes and the relevant CRM software implementation and usage to meet those business process requirements. Eventual onsite/in-office software consulting and software support with occasional remote customer support in a demanding and fun Capitol Hill environment. Training period as part of Helpdesk staffing will be required at Fairfax, VA HQ location as preparation/training for this customer onsite support position for the chosen candidate. Ability to communicate effectively with VIP customers is a plus. Position for candidate will require Public Trust clearance at a minimum.
* Minimum 1 year previous helpdesk/onsite support experience
* Familiarity with Technical Support Ticketing/Tracking Systems
* Windows 8 and 10 support experience
* Web Browser Experience (IE11, Chrome, Firefox and Safari)
* Candidate must have strong communication, customer service and organizational skills.
* Superior customer service, verbal and written skills
* Previous ticket tracking experience
* Clear public speaking voice
* Ability to gain public trust clearance
* Ability to multi task and work in fast paced environment
* Technical aptitude skills to troubleshoot
* Previous Helpdesk phone support in combination with customer-facing/onsite support is a strong differentiator
* Ability to quickly learn proprietary CRM software
* Professional appearance
* Basic HTML knowledge and strong, demonstrated troubleshooting skills
* Strong in-person, phone and written communication skills
* Windows 7/8/8.1/10, MAC OS, MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013 knowledge strongly desired. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari browser familiarity desired
* Basic Networking knowledge beneficial
* Oracle/SQL knowledge and experience - potential differentiator
* Experience in Multimedia Design and Web Content Development is a strong differentiator
* Previous in-person and remote training experience beneficial and a potential differentiator
* Bachelor degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience.
Shift schedule will be implemented typically between the hours of 9am and 6pm, Monday- Friday. However, flexibility in schedule will be required including evening work as late as 9 PM when required and occasional weekend and holiday work.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Information Technology