IT Customer Account Representative
Location: Philadelphia PA / Remote due to COVID-19
Full Time – Permanent Position
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit clients. Our team of mission-focused tech professionals is passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology. As a IT Customer Account Representative you will work closely with our clients assisting with new technology projects and support.
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to use technology to better serve the world. A leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits, Tech Impact also operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch careers. With offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, Washington DC, and Las Vegas NV, Tech Impact has been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations.
<>Essential Duties and Responsibilities </>
- The Technology Advisor / Business Developer is a hybrid position that incorporates new business development and client account management.
- Outreach to nonprofit organizations who may be a good fit for Tech Impact services
- Making connections with nonprofits through phone and in-person meetings, events, and digital communications.
- Provide proposals for services and secure signed contracts to meet sales goals.
- Provide customer support to existing Managed IT Support customers through meetings with clients on a regular basis.
- Review Help Desk ticket status and customer service levels
- Develop plans and budgets for upcoming projects such as hardware replacement, network upgrades, cloud migrations, telephony needs.
- The Technology Advisor is directly responsible for client retention and revenue generation through project work.
<>Knowledge Skills Preferred </>
- Superb organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interface with technical team
- Microsoft Office 365
- Strong understanding of computer network configuration – LAN, WAN, Wireless – technical configuration is not required but preferred
- Experience working in a Managed IT Services setting is preferred
<>Essential Skills for Success in Position </>
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Work well independently and within a team environment.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Frequent exposure to new and challenging problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical users.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace.
- Passion about the job and a little sense of humor.
<>Benefits of Working for Tech Impact </>
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Be part of a collaborative team that is passionate about the organization’s mission and using technology to make the world a better place.
- Everyone has a voice, and you have the opportunity to learn and grow to make a difference.
- The organization shows how they care for its people by paying for most of your medical benefits and providing you a credit card to pay deductibles and copays.
- Paid Time Off - 15 days accrued the first year and 12 Paid Holidays.
<>About Tech Impact (www.techimpact.org) </>
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. The organization is a leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits and operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch their careers. Tech Impact offers a comprehensive suite of technology services that includes managed IT support, data and strategy services, telecommunications, and cloud computing integration and support. In 2018, it expanded its education and outreach capabilities by merging with Idealware, an authoritative source for independent, thoroughly researched technology resources for the social sector. Tech Impact’s ITWorks and CXWorks training programs have graduated hundreds of young adults with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to start their careers in the technology and customer experience industries. The organization also operates Punchcode, a coding bootcamp based in Las Vegas, NV.
<>Employment Policy </>
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender, identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- ADA Specifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use a computer and other office related equipment.
- Also requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, stoop, crawl and lift up to 50 lbs.
- May require local and regional travel.