**This is a Contract role with potential to become a full-time position.**
Provides support and works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems, and requests related to our endpoint fleet of equipment. Communicates effectively about a broad range of technologies and explains solutions in technical and nontechnical terms. Also provides support for IT infrastructure to support effective and efficient technology used at the supported site(s) (e.g. electrical power, HVAC, LAN, Servers, etc.). We expect first class customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner. Responsibilities will span over multiple facilities based in the area as needed for support, position requires the ability to travel.
- Handles routine problems without assistance.
- Provides remote support to other facilities across Management Territory as part of their daily role definition.
- Act as mentor to peers through the sharing of knowledge and guidance with assignments.
- Build, install and maintain endpoints (PCs & MAC) in accordance with IT standards.
- Maintain and problem-solve issues related to installed endpoints Windows & MAC, with routine maintenance as assigned.
- Prioritizes problems based on severity, urgency and impact to the business; tracks all outstanding incidents until successful resolution. May hand off extremely complex technical problems to higher-level support or other enterprise support teams if required.
- Partners and collaborates with enterprise support teams and outside vendors to resolve problems or issues.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Active Directory. SCCM a plus.
- Manages local LAN architecture and components in compliance with enterprise standards.
- Coordinates through change management process to move, install, upgrade, remove and configure site IT assets and supporting infrastructure.
- Assists with support of wireless networks, servers, network and peripheral devices related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards.
- Maintains a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Takes ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement appropriate solution, with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to management consideration and implementation.
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed service levels and in accordance with department guidelines and corporate policies.
- Ensue all interactions (incidents, change tickets, etc) are logged/maintained within RRD ITSM toolset.
- Maintains and takes ownership of asset record inventory throughout the life-cycle of end-points.
- Supports and conducts routine audits of site IT assets and processes to ensure compliance with established company policies and procedures, as well as compliance with Governmental regulations and policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.