Established in 1998, eTouch Systems is a technology services company that specializes in Digital Web Engineering. We deliver technology services and accelerate growth for Global 1000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations. We deliver technology services and accelerate growth for Global 1000 companies by solving complex business challenges with breakthrough technical innovations
We are looking for an experienced IT Desktop Support to join our highly qualified and experienced delivery teams
To apply, please submit a word copy of your updated resume along with your daytime contact number at your earliest. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and 510-509-7913 (direct)
IT Desktop Support
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Duration: 6 months
Job Role and Responsibility:
You will have the opportunity to use your skills and creativity to identify root causes, solve interesting problems and build solutions that truly make a difference. Whether you want to geek out with our R&D colleagues solving their complex Linux issues, save the day for a colleague by fixing their system, or want to stretch your public speaking skills training our colleagues, this position has something for you.
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 hardware and software support for all endpoint devices in Palo Alto and assigned remote sites.
- Provide support in person, over the phone, or via email in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Support internal meetings.
- Work with other IT teams (networking, telecom, client engineering) supporting local projects and tasks.
- Consistently log all work completed in our ticketing system.
- Communicate consistently with your peers on the team, management, and the colleagues you assist.
- Implement and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Completed a minimum 3-year degree in Computer Science or related field OR degree from Technical Trade School.
- IT experience. Minimum 2+ years of experience supporting Microsoft systems (Win 10), Mac OS X and Linux based operating systems.
- Knowledge of network implementation, server hardware, software installation, and maintenance, in coordination with other corporate IT teams.
- Have a proven aptitude to successfully work as part of a team.
- Proven knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft desktop operating systems and Mac operating systems.
- Have knowledge of PC hardware architecture.
- Ability to support and fix typical desktop applications, (i.e., MS Office, virus scan, web browsers, mac applications, etc.).
- Experience supporting modern-day collaboration technologies and corporate AV essentials projection, audio conferencing, video conferencing, web conferencing, streaming, and Skype for Business. Zoom is also a plus.
- Have knowledge of desktop architecture build methodologies.
- Have an understanding of other IT disciplines (i.e., Telecom, Networking, Messaging, Server operations, etc.)
- Basic understanding of webcasting and web-video delivery
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Experience with VMware desktop products (Fusion, Player, Workstation, etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have completed and maintained basic industry certifications (CompTIA A+, etc.) and/or Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCSE, VCP)
- ITIL Foundation certification is a benefit.
Thanks and regards,
eTouch Systems Corp A Virtusa Company
6627 Dumbarton Circle | Fremont, CA 94555