AiM, which was started in 2005, is continuously growing and its Information Technology Division now seeks a DevOps Engineer II that will work with our various product teams on automating our infrastructure and operations to maximize reliability, availability, scalability, and performance. This position will be responsible for overseeing and mentoring other DevOps Engineers as it relates to cloud migrations and infrastructure automation, along with the establishment of standards as it relates to DevOps.
AiM offers a collaborative, fast paced, and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking. ** This role is temporarily
remote due to the pandemic**.Essential Job Functions:
- Implement AWS infrastructure as code.
- Create automation, monitoring, and reporting on the environment using AWS DevOps tools and services such as Jenkins, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Elastic Beanstalk, and New Relic.
- Work with Product Owners and IT Leadership to identify and recommend application/system environment improvements, performance enhancements, and areas of cost savings.
- Be a thought leader on the future technologies used for environment management, automation, monitoring, and self-healing.
- Create and enhance automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Work with development teams to develop application monitoring, alerts, and logging.
- Actively work with teams to identify and review application issues and recommend enhancements.
- Participate in deployment efforts for both UAT and Production.
- Enable automated resource and security audits.
- Other duties may be assigned
• Provides basic work direction and support to small groups of usually skilled and semi-skilled employees.Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
1. Job Knowledge and Skill:
Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities; Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized; Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships
Four or more years of DevOps experience which includes working with AWS, System Administration and Network experience.
- 2+ years experience with AWS and its DevOps tooling and knows at least one configuration management system (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc.).
- Working knowledge in both Linux and Windows.
- Knowledge of cloud virtualization and resource management using Docker.
- Working experience with databases such as PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Experience using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience designing highly available systems with fault tolerance in mind.
- Experience of using Git for version control.
- Experience of working in a Scrum team and Agile concepts.
3. Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations
B.A. In Computer Science related field desired, AWS certification preferred
4. Computer Skills:
Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available. Proficient in System Administration and Networking concepts.
5. Communication Skills
Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with I.T. and all AiM departments. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
6. Analytical Skills
Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research
Salaried/exempt – TBD upon hiring
Benefits including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance and 401 K participation.No relocation will be paid
All offers would be made conditional upon passing a background check.
AiM provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on AiM. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
To comply with Federal law, Alliance Inspection Management LLC, participates in E-Verify.#Dice