- Remote (Digital Solutions)
25 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865
We're redefining excellent customer experiences. IT developers make that happen.
To deliver an unmatched experience, we're looking for an IT Developer with a focus on developing new UI components in our always growing Single Page Application. You'll be a key influencer for multiple projects and initiatives as you collaborate with your team members to deliver continuous value to our customers at amica.com.
Working in an Agile environment, you'll be immersed in teamwork, consistently collaborating as you focus on problems and users rather than shortsighted solutions. You'll work with your team to understand project requirements, customer pain points and user insights as you define a product vision that supports Amica's strategic plan to create peace of mind and build enduring relationships.Responsibilities:
- Gain, utilize and maintain technical and applications knowledge, including the use of technologies, tools, programming standards, established processes, and concepts necessary to develop quality IT solutions.
- Participate in activities associated with the Application Development Life Cycle including design, construction, testing and implementation of IT solutions and handles basic activities independently. Assists in preparing program specifications from which applications will be developed for basic changes.
- Maintain modern knowledge technology trends including best practices
- Write automated tests that provide value
- Innovate and collaborate with team members as well as across teams and sections to contribute to requirements and complete work in a timely manner
- Provide coverage and support of production application systems
- Participate in reviewing and testing code of other developers to provide beneficial feedback as well as ensure technical consistencies
- Participate in release management practices for production ready code
- Demonstrate a strong curiosity for other technical opportunities and advancements
Perks and Benefits:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years of development experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively, using independent problem solving skills and seeking assistance where appropriate.
- Demonstrated web application experience (such as GitHub portfolio or web application developed at prior employer or school)
- Understanding of React and its core principles
- Firm grasp on HTML, CSS, and TypeScript as well as their cross-browser implications
- Ability to integrate with other systems via RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming
- Understands the basics of git
- Experience with common single page application development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM/Yarn, etc.
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
- Negotiable salary based on experience and proficiency with associated tools
- Relocation may apply
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America's oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.