Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an IT Developer (REMOTE)
for a Contract
assignment with one of our premier Health Care
clients. Only W2 candidates allowed
NO Corp. to Corp. through an employer, agency, or third-party firm. Responsibilities
- IT Developers are responsible for the development, programming, and coding of Information Technology solutions.
- They will engage in all phases of the software development life-cycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models.
- IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications and will participate in evaluating, conducting performance testing, and all planned and unplanned maintenance for both internally developed applications and purchased products.
- Participate in design meetings and consult with clients to refine, test and debug programs to meet business needs and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives.
- IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- 3-5 years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or relevant work experience
- Relevant Development certifications
- Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning tools: GIT, GNU, RCS, SCCS, CVS, SVN, Mercurial, Monotone, etc
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
- May include languages such as; Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Kafka, Hive, NFI, Scoop, etc
- May include database knowledge in; SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, dBase, MS Access, etc
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools; Advanced Debugger, Allinea DDT, AQtime,, ARM, CA/EZTEST, etc
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
- Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
- Experience with HL7, FHIR, SMART development
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com