IT Support Engineer (Networking) Location: Henderson, NV Experience: 1 to 5 Years
Be Part of the “Next Big Thing” as IT and Automation Come Together in a Very Powerful Way!
• Would you like your IT career to be future-ready?
• Do you believe there is more to IT than just troubleshooting and updating office laptops? • Would you appreciate the opportunity to apply your IT knowledge to highly advanced Control Systems Projects?
If so, Thermo Systems is offering an exciting opportunity to take your IT career to the next level. As an IT Support Engineer for Thermo Systems, some overnight and project business travel is required.
Who We Are:
Thermo Systems is a global, full-service control systems integration partner, providing world-class automation solutions within the District Energy, Life Sciences, Mission Critical, and Power Generation markets. From our growing number of office locations, Thermo Systems designs and deploys automation projects throughout North America and Europe.
Our Current Need:
We are seeking an Information Technology Engineer with 1-5 years of IT maintenance and support. This detail-oriented position will be an integral part of our service and construction teams working out of our office in Henderson, NV.
What You’ll Do:
Primary responsibilities include: Works on a variety of control system projects; providing hardware and software design, development, integration, testing, and installation support to the various project teams serving our broad customer base. Provides technical support to control system project and service teams. Takes direction and seeks guidance from the assigned project leads.
• Assists in the backup and recovery of company digital assets • Installation, configuration and support of MS Office • Assist other project members during system installation and commissioning. • Setup and configuration of laptops, workstations, servers and industrial control system networks. • Troubleshoot network issues. • Provide onsite IT/OT support to customer ICS systems. • Provide support on internal and external projects. • Assist in the specifying and procurement of hardware and software. • Assists in the cabling and configuration of networks. • Configuration and maintenance of networking technologies. • Configuration and maintenance of VMWare technologies. • Mobile device and IP phone setup, configuration and support. • Assist in performing cyber security tasks. • Execute Hardware Factory Acceptance Tests (HFAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT). • Install and configure new printers/copiers/plotters and other peripheral equipment • install and support cloud-based application/services • Video and audio-conferencing hardware setup and support
• BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant discipline. • 1-5 years IT support experience on a corporate Service Desk or in another technical support role. • Must be available to travel to multiple office locations and customer sites. • CompTIA A+ certification required. • Networking fundamentals. • Competency in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving system and network related issues on servers, desktops, peripherals, and related equipment. Wide experience with a variety of systems and environments. • Willingness and ability to learn new skills and use new types of information. • Persistence to see a problem through to its resolution and ability to research possible solutions when encountering resistance. • Proficiency in Microsoft products and operating systems. • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. • Excellent customer service skills. • Proficiency with hand tools and digital tools. • Team player who is self-motivated but can work independently as needed.
Additional knowledge/expertise in the following is a plus,
• Microsoft certifications • Knowledge of Cisco switches and firewalls a plus. • Cisco CCENT or higher. • CompTIA Network+ • Knowledge of virtual machine and system imaging. • Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems and Industrial Networks.
What you'll get:
• Competitive salary, annual bonuses, 401(k) with company match, relocation allowances and business travel reimbursement: • Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including low cost options. • Training: We offer in-house and factory technical training to keep our staff sharp. • Vacation / Sick Time : Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge. • Complimentary Lunch: Enjoy lunch on Thermo! • A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, corn hole, horseshoes- we enjoy friendly competition. • Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work. You don’t have to leave your jeans at home anymore!
Visit us at www.thermosystems.com to learn more!
Thermo Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.