Responsible for managing all aspects of IT infrastructure support within a region(s), including network connectivity, computer hardware and software maintenance, printer support, and local server support. This includes the establishment and management of KPIs, SLAs, and other metrics in order ensure that service delivery is appropriate and Customer Satisfaction goals are being met. Manages regional (or multiple regional) support staff, and ensures coverage requirements are being met on and off hours. Understands local IT requirements and is able to articulate them into hardware and software requirements. Participates in, or manages, infrastructure upgrade projects, system migrations, and hardware refresh. Has the acumen to work with the senior management of the office to identify business requirements and make recommendations on suitable technology solutions. May be required to formally manage projects, with proper project documentation. Will document current and future IT infrastructure.
The IT Helpdesk Manager is responsible for the overall level of IT Service within the Company. This position, reporting to the Sr. Infrastructure Manager, manages the team which supports desktop, application, server, printer, and local connectivity for offices within a region(s).
- Provides a high level of customer service to the local offices by assuming responsibility for resolving assigned Help Desk tickets in a timely manner.
- Manages the efforts of direct reports toward achieving the strategic goals of the Company and the Department.
- Coordinates staff time and schedules ensuring that day to day operations are appropriately handled and projects are progressing.
- Provides support for remote installation of current and future business applications (including ERP System).
- Participates in the development of team metrics and KPIs and collates the data required to demonstrate performance against them.
- Ensures timely closure or escalation of tickets and manages all tickets through resolution regardless of team assignment.
- Partners with various business units in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved business processes.
- Partner with end users to define business system requirements and system goals and identify and resolve business system issues.
- Train users and help formalize work instructions in the use and process requirements of Distribution, Service Management, Operative HR and Accounting modules of the IFS System.
- Resolves hardware and software problems using troubleshooting expertise, research, or escalation to appropriate Subject Matter Expert.
- Establishes or modifies user access to systems through user creation, change, or termination.
- Provides remote communication through connectivity of mobile devices to company's email.
- Presents cost effective and technically sound hardware or software recommendations to business management to resolve identified problems, and responsible for technology procurement throughout company.
- Ensures developmental and training goals for staff are established and met.
- Participates in, or manages, IT projects as needed.
- Provides senior management with performance metrics
- Creates and maintains Work Instructions and process documentation for the Helpdesk and associated systems.
- Wintel based hardware, software, and Operating Systems.
- Microsoft servers, Active Directory administration, and troubleshooting.
- All office productivity applications and suites, including Adobe, Visio, and Project.
- Understanding of network technologies and concepts, especially TCP/IP.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Technology and / or equivalent experience.
- Industry certifications (MCP, MCSA, etc.) preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Full time Technical Analyst staff.
- Consultants as required within the region(s).
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned