Role: IT Helpdesk Technician
Location: St.Charles MO (On-site)
Duration: 3+ Months
IT Helpdesk Technician is responsible for providing effective technical assistance to customers as the first point of contact whether through phone, in person, email, or tickets. This individual will perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and asking pertinent questions. They will determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers. This individual must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must be customer oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Install new / rebuild existing laptops for end users and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
Operations and Support
- Create training\instruction manuals
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures as needed
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows systems and applications for end-users.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
Must be able to complete projects according to agreed-upon schedules as well as meet IT performance deliverables and standards as set out in the policies and procedures for the IT department.
Responsiveness and flexibility are key. Must be able to work on many projects at once both individually and as part of a team. Must have the ability to prioritize competing demands and respond appropriately to in-the-moment issues.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or 5 years of hands-on experience working in the field.
- Microsoft certification is a plus.
- Two to six years IT Helpdesk experience is a plus.
Head of Talent Acquisition
Excel Global Solutions Inc.