IT Infrastructure Architect
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking an experienced hands-on IT professional to help facilitate the growth and improvement of the IT infrastructure that serves our employees. The role will be responsible for translating the needs of business stakeholders into resilient and secure solutions in addition to supporting the optimization of existing systems and processes. The optimal candidate will have multi-domain experience in Network, Cloud, Security, and Server operations and will be comfortable acting as a creative thought-leader and problem solver across those areas.
Why join this team:
Our IT Infrastructure team is a critical component of our company’s success and we take pride in the service we bring. We have a strong team-centric environment, that works tirelessly to improve existing processes and drive innovation and efficiency by always looking for new creative solutions to long-time problems. We handle implementing technology and keeping it running within the same management structure.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will research, design, implement, and support technologies across networking, security, cloud, SaaS, virtualization, and more in collaboration with peers and outside partners
- Act as the top technical resource for all employee technologies including escalations from Systems and Network Administrators on the team
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation, acting as primary 1 out of every 4 weeks
- Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager, you will influence the technology strategy for all of our employee technology tools and services
- You will mentor other engineers on the team, ensuring that knowledge and plans are disseminated across the team
- Ensures that technology investments enhance business capabilities and execute on business objective
- Analyze business challenges and processes to provide technical and procedural improvements. Leverage these data points to drive the future-state of our technology roadmap
- As with any technology position, there will be the need for off-hours work on occasion, but we strive to balance those demands to not cause any undue strain on our team
Who we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy facing the challenges associated with change. Just OK is not good enough for you
- You are self-motivated and appreciate the service-oriented nature of the Information Technology industry
- You communicate clearly and openly about your successes and failures which commands the respect of your colleagues and leaders
- You have 10+ years of experience working across technology domains to provide solutions to business needs and technical issues
- You have spent 5+ years doing hands-on technical implementations, documenting and supporting those platforms through their lifecycle
- You recognize the need for security across all technology stacks including perimeter defenses and end-user security
- Experience in the following technologies is required: VMware, Windows Server, and Active Directory, Azure Iaas/PaaS, Microsoft M365, Okta (or other SSO platform)
- Strong network/netsec experience. Familiarity with firewall policy, networking administration and troubleshooting, and other network security tools is a must
- Experience with Powershell scripting, Email Security, Privilege Management, SD-WAN, and Aruba Clearpass are a plus
- You are intimately familiar with security in practice at all layers and integrate it into everything you do
More about this role:
Location: Billerica, MA is preferred; however, outstanding remote candidates will be considered. If remote, please have experience as a remote employee and expect to travel to Billerica, MA up to three weeks per year.
Starting Date: ASAP
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.