This position will articulate business challenges and requests in technology terms and develop requirements and user stories to convert requests/recommendations into deliverable solutions. RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS:
- Propose solutions for business ideas, suggestions, and problems.
- Conduct interviews with business customers to solicit requirements.
- Proactively seek information about business processes, and how they interconnect.
- Develop features and user stories to describe business requirements.
- Champion the best practices of the Scaled Agile Framework across the organization.
- Research cost and revenue data to develop cost/benefit analyses for initiatives.
- Collaborate with QA teams to ensure traceability between defined test cases and elicited testing requirements.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure effective hand off of requirements.
- Support capacity planning to optimize the effectiveness of the department.
- Support estimation processes which include business users, development representatives, and testing representatives.
- Identify and implement process improvements to templates and documentation standards.
- Prepare and deliver presentations as necessary to communicate system and process changes.
- Organize and execute of user acceptance testing.
- Assist in the management of vendor relationships, including priority of deliverables.
- Build relationships with key business unit resources to gain understanding of overall business unit direction.
- Support IT activities for business initiatives using appropriate project management methodology.
- Perform peer reviews for fellow Business Analysts' deliverables, ensuring conformity to standards and quality.
- Prepare status and management reports as required.
- Develop training materials, lead training workshops, and prepare job aids for users to support changes to IT infrastructure.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
#DICEPOSTRequirementsEMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, business administration, or related field. Combinations of relevant education, certifications, and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Three years of progressive responsibility in an IT or business environment with demonstrated technical knowledge which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Experience within the healthcare industry preferred. Experience delivering large-scale IT infrastructure projects highly preferred. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of business applications, interfaces, network services, and software.
- Knowledge of business analysis methods.
- Strong technical skills to perform analysis and problem solving using a variety of software tools.
- Proficiency with Agile methodology, especially SAFe.
- Ability to be innovative, creative, and think outside of the box when presented with roadblocks.
- Ability to solve practical problems in potentially chaotic environments.
- Comfort with working independently or on small teams to complete complex tasks.
- Ability to fully understand impacts to other areas and project interdependencies.
- Knowledge of IT security best practices, and the ability to maintain high standards of discretion and confidentiality.
- Above average comprehension skills, especially with regards to IT infrastructure concepts.
- Ability to create functional documents such as requirement documents, statements of work, proposals, use cases, user stories, and other technical documentation.
- Knowledge of the current state of the IT industry related to requirements gathering.
- Ability to translate business goals into content appropriate for consumption by engineers.
- Working knowledge of project management tools and processes.
- Exceptional technical writing skills.
- Ability to support projects using a variety of project management methodologies (bi-modal).
- Ability to develop working relationships with wide groups of business users and technical team members.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work comfortably with business stakeholders at all levels of authority within the organization.
- Certification or experience with Scaled Agile Framework or similar Agile methodologies.
- Proficiency with data analysis tools and data structures.
- Proven ability defining requirements for security initiatives, especially in a highly secure environment subject to HIPAA, CMS, and/or HITRUST compliance.
- Knowledge of portfolio project management software tools.
- Copyediting, proofreading, and/or composition of technical manuals or technical training documentation.
Work is performed mainly in an office environment with minimal hazards. Ability to work extended hours as needed. Travel may be required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.