Who Are We?
M3 is a Top 150 Workplaces winner named by the Atlanta Journal Constitution! Employee-owned, family-oriented, and a great place to grow your career, our company-wide personal commitment to both clients and employees is simple: do the right thing and invest in long-term relationships. Together, we work to provide the highest standard of financial services and technology to deliver on our mission to drive hospitality company success. M3 helps make hospitality companies successful through technology that drives financial performance.
Our hotel accounting software is used and trusted by the biggest names in the hospitality industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team!
We're located in a beautiful and modern new building with the Headquarters in Gwinnett County, GA just off I-85. Our office is complete with an employee gym, bright, open work spaces, and games in the break room (pool, shuffle board, video games).
Compensation and Benefits:
M3 offers a strong benefits package including 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision for the employee and family; life, long and term disability, and Long Term Care insurance that the company provides free of charge; 401k with a 6% match; three weeks paid time off; discretionary profit sharing; a great culture, and competitive salary. We are a certified Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Description Summary: This role will be responsible for managing internal customer relationships as well as the review, documentation, and organization of technical business requirements related to the M3 technical infrastructure and network/security projects. The Technical Business Analyst II will possess significant subject matter expertise pertaining system and network architecture to support M3 software and will apply a methodical approach in identifying internal customer needs, assisting in documentation of optimal infrastructure solutions, prioritizing business and project requirements, and translating business requirements into technical and functional specifications.
The duties listed below are the essential functions of this position, and they may change as the needs of the company demand. All associates are expected to do what is necessary to get the work done and to cooperate fully with their supervisor’s requests for additional or altered duties.
- Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with IT and Development teams to prioritize projects, features, deliverables, and negotiate timelines between stakeholders.
- Creates detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and translate it into functional and technical specifications.
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Partners with development and analytic teams to understand their needs in relation to IT, Infrastructure, and DevOps.
- Performs research and interviews to determine IT business requirements and then translate such into specifications for technical projects.
- Develops problem solutions by describing operational issues/requirements, studying system capabilities, analyzing alternative solutions, and preparing detailed system specifications.
- Analyzes business functionality and identifies infrastructure or DevOps solutions to meet or exceed the requirements.
- Focuses on the people side of change around systems and technology, processes, job roles and skills, as well as organizational structures.
- Analyzes, facilitate, model, and organize information to reconcile conflicts, elicit requirements and distinguish solution ideas from business needs.
- Serves as liaison for internal customers for professional IT service and support requests.
- Demonstrates proficiency in requirements gathering, estimation, gaining customer approval, execution, testing, and delivery of professional services requests.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities.
- Develops business process models and documentation.
- Assists business in Change Management activities.
- Effectively communicates and documents business and IT information in line with agreed processes and procedures.
- Balances technology and business issues as well as communicates appropriately with both technology and business experts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of experience producing Technical/Functional Specifications or Business Requirements Documentation for IT Operations and environments, SDLC, change Control, Enterprise Support, Application Development, Release Management, Networks, Storage, and/or Data Centers.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred major in IT, MIS or Computer Science or Business. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, spreadsheets, and presentation software (MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Azure DevOps).
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills in English and ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent organizational and people management skills. Strong understanding of how to manage change.
- Energetic, action-oriented, positive approach to problem solving and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Proven experience organizing and facilitating team and internal customer input sessions.
- Must be able to build and maintain positive business relationships with co-workers and other business contacts.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform work on a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to work in the office regularly, or pivot to working at home should emergency situations arise.
- Ability to travel in representing the company’s interests required.
- Ability to attend work per assigned schedule and attend meetings with excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to bend and lift up to 25 lbs.