Responsible for company’s global IT Infrastructure system and team management.
The IT Infrastructure Manager’s role is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing 10-12 staff members in different regions and the overall IT operation with a focus on ensuring the stable operation of the organization’s IT network, telecommunication and server infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, including global MPLS system, Disaster Recovery data center, VPN system, Windows, Unix and Linux Servers, Databases, Office 365, Mobile Device Management, Cisco Call Manager, VMware and storage infrastructure. The Infrastructure Manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware, network and telecommunication problems in a timely and accurate fashion. This position will play a key role for ensuring the business continuity for the company’s global operation.
A primary focus for this position will be to provide leadership for technology platform improvement and transformation and to deliver the full project lifecycle for new infrastructure technology solutions, inclusive of building a strategic roadmap for every managed infrastructure service.
This position will also manage the support team in different region to ensure the prompt support and service from IT to all company employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide hands-on task and project management to ensure the team to carry out the duty for supporting IT servers, network, database, telecom system and the DR data center, as well as the user support for all company employees.
- Focus on global network system management with network team, to ensure the stable and optimum network performance.
- Ability to decompose large initiatives into constituent projects and executable technology delivery goals.
- Oversee team operations support for the company on a 24x7 basis, with on-call support during off-hours for initial response to disruptions, outages and incidents.
- Continue to improve IT system security by working with IT Information Security Manager and all system administrators.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Design and implement strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Ensure all systems are properly backed-up and recoverable within required timeline.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with peer and senior management.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all in-scope infrastructure systems
- Work with peer Infrastructure and other IT Department Managers to provide input into the departmental vision and strategic road map for company IT technical platforms
- Work with vendors on Infrastructure hardware, license and subscription pricing negotiation, contract management and tracking.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience leading an IT Infrastructure department and strategic IT Infrastructure projects
- Minimum of 10 years’ hands-on technical experience building and supporting many of the following services and technologies:
- Physical servers in Windows, Unix and Linux
- Virtual servers (ESX/VMWare)
- Storage/SAN/NAS (Dell)
- VPN solutions
- Data centers (private, cloud and hybrid)
- Office 365 and Azure Cloud
- Active Directory
- MPLS global network and associated network monitoring system
- QoS setup and maintenance
- Cisco Routing BGP and ERGRP setup and management
- Cyber security best practices
- Disaster recovery & backup
- Cisco call manager
- DNS management
- Extensive experience leading infrastructure delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting, and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals.
- Expertise with vendor management, negotiation and oversight of vendor resources.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- At least 15 years experience in IT Infrastructure team, with at least 5 years experience as IT Infrastructure manager.