Title: IT Infrastructure Lead / Manager
Location: Austin, TX
This is a technical, hands-on role that will develop into leadership and management of a team. It, however, doesn't begin that way!
We need someone, first and foremost, who has been part of a cloud migration strategy. Someone who has, from the beginning, helped to architect and then implement a cloud strategy for a company. Even if you were not the person at the helm, the fact that you were involved in the concept, the architecture, the implementation and ultimate delivery, is what we need.
Over time, this role will ensure the integrity, availability, reliability, performance and efficiency of the network, applications, communications, and IT infrastructure operations. You will, in time, lead the Network, DevOps, and System Engineering team to ensure availability of existing technologies as well as managing and planning for the implementation of new technologies that adhere to a strategic roadmap. We're looking for someone who is passionate about technology, has a penchant for team member development and has some knowledge of working with internal and external partners to deliver Infrastructure technologies and support IT operations.
We're looking for someone with knowledge and expertise in the areas of networking, infrastructure systems (both on premise and cloud based) CI/CD methodology, operational support, and is responsible for supporting data centers, offices, and retail locations.
You must be proactive in delivering successful solutions, work with technical and non-technical partners and employ proactive communication and planning. This position requires exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships, deep experience driving Infrastructure initiatives, and a passion for understanding infrastructure complexities while successfully delivering work.
Infrastructure Planning and Execution
- Accountable for technology infrastructure architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, business aligned projects, purchasing and service provision
- Partner with Information Security on implementation strategy to reduce cyber security threats and reduce company's risk profile
- Maintains up-to-date technology skills and knowledge
- Evaluates system and/or network hardware, software, methods, and techniques to keep the infrastructure portfolio current
- Leads research and development projects to investigate the suitability of new or improved technologies, and contributes to strategic infrastructure planning
- Investigates and drives opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas of Infrastructure
- Actively pursues cost improvement opportunities to reduce capital costs, operational cost, and expenses
IT Operations Support
- Accountable for design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the Production Systems Operational Lifecycle to ensure it meets the business needs o Responsible for maturing ITIL best practices to improve service management and delivery o Lead cohesive plans for Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis o Incorporate DevOps principles into the day-to-day Operations and Developer Enablement o Ensure that processes are efficient, effective, compliant and that results are measurable and sustainable o Responsible for 24x7 incident response and escalation
- Directing the information and data integrity of the enterprise and all Information Technology functions with proactive upgrades and patching for: Data Centers; Production Scheduling Functions; Communication Networks (voice and data); Compute, Storage and End-user-computing Device implementations; and Computer Systems and End-user-computing Support Systems
- Plans, manages, and is responsible for system availability and performance monitoring, capacity planning, and disaster recovery
- Creates long-term strategies for growth and maintenance of internal network and systems
- Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first as well as second level support
- Works with internal and external audit teams to ensure compliance
- Provides direction for technical team that supports an environment that includes, Windows/Linux Server experience, Telecommunications - VOIP administration, Printing/faxing/copying/scanning administration, Database administration, Cloud computing and networking, Automation Strategies, CI/CD Pipeline, Network infrastructure - both WAN and LAN, Storage platforms - SAN and NAS, Disaster Recovery and Information Security
- Service focused and portrays positive energy and professionalism
- Strong ability to work in a highly sensitive and confidential environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle sensitive and pressured situations
- Ability to identify issues and help develop strategy and tactical plans for various department initiatives
- Ability to use good judgment and decision-making skills
- Terrific sense of humor
What you've got:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or Azure Fundamentals Certification highly desired
- PMP or Agile Scrum Certifications desired
- Strong understanding of Cloud Networking, Disaster Recovery, Hybrid Cloud/On-Premise Infrastructure
- Experience with enterprise Wi-Fi systems (Cisco Meraki)
- Expertise in Microsoft 365 systems
- Strong understanding of VoIP technologies
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google cloud)
- Superb analytical skills
- High level of organization and prioritization with a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Proven experience in solving problems and researching issues with minimal supervision
- Financial Services experience preferred
- Must be bondable
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.