We have an immediate need for a remote based IT Project Manager. This is starting out as 20/hrs per week but we expect this to go to 40/hrs at some point. We need someone with experience working with large, complex IT environments and cross-organizationally aligning multiple different Business Units, Operating Companies and Teams to deliver successful outcomes. The role consists of managing discovery sessions, analyzation and rationalization sessions, architectural design and planning sessions and deployment and operationalizing for any given program or project. The types of projects will focus on modern IT infrastructure which may include database architecture, network infrastructure and services architecture and design/implementation, hybrid cloud / cloud, storage / disaster recovery and security. Each project will vary based on project type and scope.
Job duties and responsibilities:
IT Infrastructure Project Management
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the overall Program or Project initiative
- Work with internal team and the customer to further define tasks and responsibilities and align resources to provide optimum value.
- Experience of aligning the project scope to the proper project management processes such as waterfall or agile.
- Create and maintain a project plan and schedule with clearly defined tasks, milestones, and target completion date.
o Proactively flag risks with project schedule due to delays caused by personnel, technology, process, etc.
o Anticipate project needs and collaborate with project team and executive stakeholders on possible next steps to address needs.
- Provide project management thought leadership to maintain alignment with customer and exceed expectations.
- Provide / facilitate note taking / recording and capture of key information, decisions, actions, risks and impediments in all project meetings for reporting, tracking and documentation uses.
o Proactively structure meeting notes for customer consumption and distribute to project team in a timely manner.
o Proactively work with Executive Customer Leads to address findings, actions and issues derived from meetings or other project interactions.
- Create a RACI (responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed) matrix for internal and customer stakeholder resources.
- Coordinate across the organization to schedule sessions for discovery, planning, status, delivery, etc. and create meeting agendas.
- Coordinate internal team touch point meetings and create agenda.
- Foster communication for internal teams and customer teams
- Understand work tasks and skills alignment of each team member.
- Manage and monitor hours consumed for all resources to maintain project timeline and budget.
- Manage scope alignment and internally communicate out of scope tasks / requests.
- Deliver weekly project status including milestones, impediments, tasks accomplished and tasks outstanding.
- Schedule and maintain appropriate cadence calls/meetings as appropriate.
- A seasoned, self-directed experience track record strongly preferred.
- Ability to proactively drive the project(s) to success within the timeline allotted.
- History of managing technically oriented IT projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate with subject matter experts at a technical level and executive levels specific to modern IT infrastructure.
- Ability to identify technical roadblocks and properly escalate for quick resolution.
- Document findings gleaned from discovery sessions (processes and workstreams)
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive and easily navigable documentation structure of the process and flow of the environment.
- Manage updates and revisions to documentation as new insights are learned.
- Develop and document new workflows as needed.
- Create knowledge transfer and responsibilities assignment structure.
- Build and deliver best in class project management structure tailored for each customer’s project needs.
Desired Training / Experience:
- 2 or 4 year technical degree or equivalent technical career work experience preferred
- PMP Certification (strongly preferred)
- Cisco Network Certification (CCNA, CCNP) or equivalent experience in the enterprise network domain
- CSM Scrum Alliance Certifications
- Minimum 5-10 years project management
- Minimum 2-3 years of technical IT infrastructure focused project management