TITLE: IT Infrastructure Project Manager
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Information Technology Services (ITS) organization responsible for Infrastructure Services projects at NCR. The candidate will become a member of NCR’s ITS organization focused on the deployment and support of the NCR’s Global Technology & Infrastructure (GT&I). Candidates will work directly with members of the IT teams and key members of NCR’s cross-organizational business teams in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. The role requires both broad and deep infrastructure technology knowledge with the ability to take a solution through the solution development lifecycle including planning, design, construction, testing and deployment. The role requires a technically strong individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated experience in managing infrastructure deployment projects, application development efforts, and merger and acquisition related projects .
- Project results responsibility: manage key technology projects, responsible to deliver project and key agreed project deliverables.
- Working in a cross functional environment, drive execution and monthly program reporting.
- Leading Project Team(s) - forming respective teams, leading team meetings, developing critical path schedules, developing metrics and process to evaluate progress, planning action steps, addressing and resolving issues and risks, publishing and reviewing status documents.
- Familiarity with ITS infrastructure components including application development methodologies, systems and servers. Some exposure to networks, telephony and data center systems and architecture.
- Requirements Development – Ability to work with infrastructure, applications, and business teams to document their program requirements.
- Negotiate with the requestors to align their requests in support of the overall ITS and GWS program objectives and architecture.
- Remote Team Direction – The ITS organization includes project teams globally and development teams residing in Gurgaon and Noida, India.
- Ability to provide strong direction to remote teams that are offset by local time zones.
- Resource Management – Prioritize projects and activities in support of ITS and GWS annual objectives.
- Ensure the team is committed and engaged for all phases of IT-Project Realization Process (PRP).
- Ensure appropriate business resources are engaged and committed during the project life cycle.
- Strong communication skills – Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups. (i.e.: Organizes communication; adjusts to audience; ensures understanding; comprehends communication from others.)
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Demonstrates the ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude when encountering changes in the workplace. (i.e.: Seeks to understand changes; maintains positive attitude when dealing with change; makes appropriate behavioral adjustments when needed.)
- Initiates Action - Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive. (i.e.: Responds quickly; takes independent action; goes above and beyond)
BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Project Management or related discipline or equivalent work experience
Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Project or Program Management, history of successful project execution
Results oriented, history of project execution with increasingly larger projects
Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple deliverables
Strong project management and organizational skills
Strong communication and negotiation skills
Work with company confidential information
- Master’s degree
- Strong Consultative Presence – this role will have extensive visibility both internally and externally
PMP – PMI Project Management Professional Certification
Six Sigma methodology experience (Green or Black Belt level)
Kanban & Agile Certification a plus
Good understanding of infrastructure components including Data Center Systems and Services, Client & Desktop technologies and Network and Telecommunications Systems and Services
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment .
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes .