Title: Infrastructure Project Manager.
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening for Infrastructure Project Manager. Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. He or she will oversee all aspects of projects, sets deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project. He or she will prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project and lead and direct the work of others. Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the creation of an IT Infrastructure Project Management Office (IPMO). This role will provide project management support and expertise in MS Project for:
o Existing/future PC client
o Lotus Notes
o Wintel server
o Telephony projects
- The project plans will then be consolidated to provide insight to Infrastructure’s priorities, dependencies and resource demand. Reports, presentations and policies will be created for executive review.
- Minimum 8 years of experience and PMP Certification Required
- Experience with IT Infrastructure Technical Project Management in Data Center Infrastructure services - Server Management, Storage, Network, Security, Middleware, DB
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
- Understanding of IT platforms, such as Wintel, Client, Email, Lotus Notes, SharePoint and Telephony applications.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Adaptable to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity
Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
- Capture requirements and tasks for multiple projects.
- Work closely with technical leads to gather requirements and timelines for multiple projects.
- Develop MS project plans for infrastructure projects.
- Assist in the creation and support of the IPMO.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team leads.
- Liaise with other project managers on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Identify personnel requirements for project completion.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Deliver progress reports, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and support project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management., reports, and statistical tables.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda at vasavi.konda(@)stgit.com or contact @248.712.6725. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Infrastructure Project Manager.
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT and Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, American Axle, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our client’s global IT and Engineering needs.
Vasavi Konda| Recruiting Specialist
Systems Technology Group (STG)
3001 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 500
Troy, Michigan 48084