Information Technology is one of the fastest-growing teams within UWM and we need a rock star Trainer to get our team members up and running and functioning at the highest level! Our instructional designers are responsible for progression of team members in IT by creating training material to aid in facilitation and learning. We need a rock star candidate who can dig deep with business leaders to determine training needs then create a plan to accomplish those training needs.
The instructional designer will be expected to create and maintain training material and process documentation through the use of programs within the Microsoft suite such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. The designer we're looking for should communicate at a very high level and possess advanced writing and computer skills.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOURequired:
- Partner with Training team members and Business Leaders to develop training that meets the needs of the company, teams, and learners
- Design and develop several different trainings for various roles throughout the organization by creating course designs, job aids, participant guides, and PowerPoints
- Create assessment tools to measure the knowledge of the learner at the end of the training, engagement of the class, and performance
- Seek training evaluation and feedback to continuously improve training programs and material
- Develop content including technology announcements, surveys, and more
- Analyze metrics to identify additional training opportunities
- Act as a backup to trainers for facilitating Initial, Ongoing, and Continuous Improvement training for various roles, if needed
- 1+ year professional experience as an Instructional Designer
- Experience collaborating with team members and business leaders, specifically in IT
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Results-oriented, with the ability to complete assignments on time and manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Ability to explain complex information in clear, concise terms
- Onsite attendance is required
- Computer-related degree or equivalent experience
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- Previous training experience
- Knowledge of the ADDIE model of training development
- Knowledge of Kirkpatrick's model of evaluation
- Proficiency with CBT software (ie. Vyond, Captivate, WalkMe)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor cafe with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!