Alliance Inspection Management (AiM)
is the premier new and pre-owned vehicle inspection partnership in North America that combines breakthrough technology with deep industry experience to provide a trustworthy, independent bridge between buyers and sellers. We offer a comprehensive range of vehicle inspection services to verify the condition of new, off-lease and fleet vehicles and other properties at vehicle assembly plants, rail yards, ports, customers’ homes, dealers and auctions.
Due to its success and excellent service, AiM is continuously growing and its Information Technology Division now seeks an IT Java Developer that reports to the AiM Inspect Program Manager and will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining RESTful APIs in a micro-service environment and ensure optimal performance of the inspection team ecosystem.
AiM offers a collaborative, fast paced, and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking. ** This role is temporarily
remote due to the pandemic**Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to code in Java with Spring boot and Hibernate
- Participate in the design and coding of technical solutions
- Create application technical designs
- Create application code using best practice coding standards
- Participate in code reviews
- Unit test all developed modules
- Work with the team in the development and execution of test plans
- Diagnose and resolve production support issues
- Help research and troubleshoot programming issues as they are identified through QA
- Provide data support to operations personnel and management as requested
- Demonstrate experience and skills in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) like PostgreSQL by writing complex SQL queries, functions and packages
- Desire and ability to learn new programming languages and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Regular and consistent attendance and availability
- Other duties may be assigned
Has no supervisory responsibility, provides basic work direction usually one-on-one.Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:Job Knowledge and Skill:
Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities; Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized; Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationshipsExperience:
- BS or BA degree preferably in Computer Science/Technology, Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ years of work related experience
- Experience should include working on J2EE architecture with Object Oriented Development in Java, JMS, Hibernate, and Spring
- Other languages such as Angular.js a plus
- Hands-on experience with SOAP, WSDL and other web service technologies
- Working experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving application defects
- Experience using CI/CD build systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience of working in a Scrum team and Agile concepts.
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, process-focused with strong analytical and problem solving skills, be willing to take initiative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with many competing responsibilities
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
The following skills would be a bonus:
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science/Technology, Engineering or equivalent concentration preferred.
- Jenkins build server
- TDD/BDD experience
- Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Data Modeling experience
- Database Design Experience
Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available. Proficient in System Administration and Networking concepts.
Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with I.T. and all AiM departments. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skillsAnalytical Skills:
Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary researchTravel:
Light overnight travel.Compensation
Salaried/exempt – TBD upon hiring, No relocation will be paid
Benefits including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance and 401 K participation.
All offers would be made conditional upon passing a background check.
AiM provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on AiM. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
To comply with Federal law, Alliance Inspection Management LLC, participates in E-Verify.#Dice