The Identity & Access Management (IAM) Lead Business Analyst works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to facilitate the IAM Program governance process and analyze new business opportunities. This position understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its identity and access management goals. The IT Lead Business Analyst interprets and transforms information based on business and technical requirements and provides the data for delivery. Additionally, this position conducts detailed research of vendor products and assists with general project management of the program flow.
Strategy and Planning
• Share Agile best practices with the Enterprise.
• Actively participate, both internally and externally, in the Agile community
Program Review Stage:
• Review new business opportunities to gain and refine understanding of their value to establish preliminary estimates of opportunity, effort, and cost of delay.
• Facilitate initial effort and cost of delay estimation of large, cross-cutting, customer facing initiatives that encapsulate the new development necessary to realize certain business benefits (henceforth referred to as “Business Epics and Features”)
• Capture, organize, and communicate key information about business epics and features with the epic owner
Acquisition and Deployment
Program Analysis Stage:
• Analyze Business Epics and Features to establish viability, measureable benefit, development and deployment impact, and potential availability of resources.
• Co-create lightweight business case with the Business Epic Owner to gain program approval of the epic or feature.
• Identify solution alternatives with architects, development teams, product management, and key stakeholders
• Collaborate continuously with business stakeholders to ensure requirements are captured, priorities are understood, and constraints communicated
• Assist, as needed, delivery teams until they have a sufficient understanding of the business epic and features and work required to deliver its value
• Serve as a member of the Program Management team to elaborate initiatives (business features and epics) and determine impact on internal and external value streams
• Provide training and documentation for supported applications.
• Utilize existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
• Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution within the group.
• Provide application expertise as a project resource.
• Train and mentor other Analysts as assigned.
• Work with the Quality Assurance to build and validate test cases against all requirements.
• Provide business reports to management and clients.
• Analyze application defects to determine if they fall within scope of project requirements.
• Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
• Monitor program progress and provide visibility of program status against roadmap to full stakeholder group.
• Assist with other projects as necessary to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the teamwork.
• Lead internal teams/task forces on initiatives as assigned.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree in IT, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)®, and Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA), and/or PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), a plus.
Knowledge & Experience
• 8+ years IT and/or Business experience in Business Analyst Role.
• Experience managing large scale IT initiatives a plus.
• 8+ years working with internal clients and/or external agencies/partners.
• Knowledge and experience with Identity and Access Management systems.
• Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong technical knowledge and experience coupled with business intelligence and ability to understand customer's needs.
• Strong ability facilitating process mapping activities and working knowledge of mapping techniques.
• Experience with Agile principles and practices preferred.
• Ability to effectively review project plans with project managers and make recommendations or provide feedback based on the needs of the program.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with both technical and non-technical team members.
• Attentive to detail with focus on accurate results.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Able to work in an open, collaborative environment.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Strong ability to develop relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.