The IT Manager for Business Productivity Systems (BPS) is responsible for monitoring and managing an application suite including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – Human Resource and Finance systems, Enterprise Content Management, OnBase, Legistar, SharePoint, Websites, Microsoft Office Suite, and other applications that facilitate team member productivity. One of the key focuses of this position in the near term is serving as the technical owner for the implementation of Workday to replace our current Human Resources and Financial Systems. Therefore, demonstrated implementation and support experience for financial and HR systems is a must-have to be considered as is prior experience managing/leading direct reports both technically and functionally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the implementation, support, maintenance, monitoring, and upgrade of current and future software applications related to business productivity including the current and future enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, enterprise content management (ECM) systems including Records and Document Management, and all other applications and associated interfaces required to support our business productivity systems portfolio
- Responsible for ensuring that BPS team members meet expectations regarding performance and meet defined requirements of their positions
- Ensure standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service, application and/or infrastructure support, and project delivery.
- Participate in the development of policies, processes, and procedures, and actively interact and develop positive relationships with primary customers, colleagues, and employees.
- Manage and motivate staff, promote effective teamwork, demonstrate continuous learning, and encourage innovation in others.
- Lead the planning and implementation of additions, deletions, and major modifications to the technology owned by the Business Productivity team Responsible and accountable for delivering high standards of work quality and organizational performance.
- Ensure effective management and administration of the operations of the Business Productivity team.
- Manage and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Ensure the effective management of all assigned staff; develop training and development plans as required.
- Participate in the development, recommendation, and administration of GLWA-IT.
- Manage daily assignments. Delegate effectively to maximize the Business Productivity team’s productivity.
- Develop, recommend, and administer the annual operating and capital budgets for the Business Productivity team to ensure expenditures are controlled, maintained, and approved.
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist other IT staff and IT management in the group as needed with overflow activities
- Manage the team to meet the established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Participate in identifying organizational goals, as well as strategic and business planning and evaluation. Participate in the implementation of new initiatives.
- Perform related work duties as assigned.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Explain and document technical processes and systems in terms equivalent to varying user’s experience level
- Promote and foster teamwork, and establish and operate in an environment that provides the capacity for excellence; effectively problem-solve and resolve conflicts
- Manage staff by directing assignments
- Prepare financial budgets and monitor expenditures
- Manage a multidisciplinary staff including employee relation issues
- Motivate, train, lead and develop staff for improved performance and efficiency
- Maintain effective working relationships with others
- Effectively utilize appropriate security and safety equipment and procedures
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Develop proficiency in IT and BPS team operations
- Problem solve effectively
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent management and operational experience gained through progressively more responsible positions.
- Professional Accreditation in related operational or functional fields such as PMP, SHRM-CP, and ITIL, is preferred.
- Education and accreditation requirements can be substituted with extensive experience at the discretion of the GLWA Chief Information Officer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. This position requires extensive computer use and extended time seated in meetings. This position also requires the ability to walk throughout the plants and facilities.
Environmental Working Requirements:
May work in an office, plant, or field environment. This position requires the ability to work in all conditions involving exposure to outside elements and seasonal weather. Hybrid work is also an option for this role.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work irregular hours, commute to GLWA facilities and worksites, and respond to after-hour emergencies and on-call response