One Water, One Team
The Great Lakes Water Authority is your source for water! We are dedicated to efficiently delivering the nation’s best water and wastewater services to southeast Michigan.
The IT Manager for Business Productivity is responsible for monitoring and managing an application suite including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – Human Resource and Finance systems, Enterprise Content Management, Legistar, SharePoint, Websites, Microsoft Office suite, and other applications that facilitate team member productivity. One of the key focuses of this position in the near term is serving as technical owner related to the implementation of a new ERP to replace our current HR and Financial Systems. Therefore, demonstrated implementation and support experience for financial and HR systems is a must have to be considered as is prior experience managing/leading direct reports both technically and functionally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the implementation, support, maintenance, monitoring and upgrade of current and future software applications related to business productivity including the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, enterprise content management (ECM) systems including Records and Document Management and all associated interfaces.
- Responsible for ensuring that IT staff meet expectations regarding performance and meet defined requirements of their positions
- Ensure standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service, application and/or infrastructure support, and project delivery.
- Participate in the development of policies, processes, and procedures, and actively interact and develop positive relationships with primary customers, colleagues, and employees.
- Develop, design, and implement project plans based on detailed requirements.
- Manage and motivate staff, promote effective teamwork, demonstrate continuous learning, and encourage innovation in others.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions, and major modifications to the technology of the functional unit.
- Responsible and accountable for delivering high standards of work quality and organizational performance.
- Ensure management and administration of the operations of the functional unit.
- Manage and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Ensure the effective management of all assigned staff; develop training and developmental plans as required.
- Participate in the development, recommendation, and administration of GLWA-IT.
- Manage daily assignments.
- Develop, recommend, and administer the annual operating and capital budgets for the functional unit to ensure expenditures are controlled, maintained, and approved.
- Ensure that financial planning, performance measurement, and reporting are developed and in compliance with legislative requirements and are in support of the functional unit’s goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate and legislative requirements to meet operational, environmental, health and safety standards, and ensures effectiveness and compliance of maintenance and operations.
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist other IT staff and IT management in the group as needed with overflow activities
- Manage the team to meet the established Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Participate in identifying organizational goals, as well as strategic and business planning and evaluation. Participate in the implementation of new initiatives.
- Perform related work duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervision for all staff within the functional team
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- HR and Financial Systems including prior experience in implementing and managing Enterprise level ERPs
- Microsoft Business Productivity suite including Office 365, SharePoint groups and Teams.
- Enterprise Content Management Systems related to records and document management.
- IT application support and development, architecture, networks, and computer operations.
- Business and management principles involved in strategic and operational planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and the coordination of people and resources
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Budgeting, contracts, and vendor management
- Networks, servers, operating systems, security, applications, and project management
- Concepts, practices and procedures, including Change Management, Software/Systems Development Life Cycle for application development and management
- Lead implementation of new Enterprise-class and consolidated ERP to replace existing Financial and HR-related systems
- Contribute to leadership planning. Participate in identifying corporate goals as well as strategic and business planning and evaluation
- Demonstrate effective decision-making through innovation, results-oriented leadership, and fiscal accountability
- Promote and foster a teamwork environment
- Establish and operate an environment which provides the capacity for excellence
- Utilize highly developed human relations skills
- Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization
- Develop solid internal and external relationships
- Exercise superior computer, analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Use advanced technology
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Explain and document technical processes and systems in terms equivalent to varying user’s experience level
- Promote and foster teamwork, and establish and operate in an environment which provides the capacity for excellence; effectively problem-solve and resolve conflicts
- Manage staff by directing assignments
- Prepare financial budgets and monitor expenditures
- Manage a multidisciplinary staff including employee relation issues
- Motivate, train, lead, and develop staff for improved performance and efficiency
- Maintain effective working relationships with others
- Effectively utilize appropriate security and safety equipment and procedures
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Develop proficiency in functional unit-specific operations
- Problem solve effectively
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (position requirements/preferences at entry)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent management and operational experience gained through progressively more responsible positions.
- Professional Accreditation in related operational or functional fields such as PMP, SHRM-CP, ITIL, is preferred.
Education and accreditation requirements can be substituted with extensive experience at the discretion of the GLWA Chief Information Officer and Organizational Development Group
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. This position requires extensive computer use and extended time seated in meetings. This position also requires the ability to walk throughout the plants and facilities.
Environmental Working Requirements:
May work in an office, plant, or field environment. This position requires the ability to work in all conditions involving exposure to outside elements and seasonal weather.
Level Progression Requirements: Not Applicable
- Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
- Ability to work irregular hours, to commute to GLWA facilities and worksites, and respond to after-hour emergencies and on-call responses
We are all strategic partners on the path to becoming a Utility of the Future, and GLWA prioritizes the selection of highly talented, well-qualified individuals to help us get there.
We are dedicated to expertly delivering the nation’s best water and wastewater services to southeast Michigan. We offer competitive pay and the starting wage or salary, if hired, is variable. Factors such as your proven hard and soft skills, your level of education, history in the sector or industry, and meaningful work experience will all be evaluated.
We also offer an opportunity for advancement, on the job training, ongoing professional development, tuition assistance and a career in a sector that safeguards public health, supports and strengthens communities, and protects the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.