IT Metrics and Data Analyst (VG00839) (Job Number:434531)
SAIC has an opening for a Metrics & Data Analyst located in Washington, DC.
- The Metrics Analyst will support the Vanguard 2.2.1 Performance Management team to collect, validate and conduct data analysis.
- They will also support the operational metrics processes leveraging various applications (e.g., Sybermetrics, Queue Management, Data Aggregator and MS SQL Reporter) to mine data and produce business intelligence information for use by the Vanguard 2.2.1 program.
- The scope of activities to be addressed will transcend the Vanguard 2.2.1 enterprise to identify key performance indicators (KPI) for improvement.
- Manage all components of data - from storage, data management and processing to analytics to visualization.
- Plan, design, and deploy the integration of new data sources to the business intelligence solution.
- The Metrics Analyst will work under the direction of the Vanguard 2.2.1 Performance Manager to provide IT services related metrics collection, analyses, and reporting support.
- The Metrics Analyst must be able to review detailed technical metrics performance data and validate that the content provided is accurate and correct
- As the Vanguard 2.2.1 performance metrics team-s point of contact for source data collection, the Metrics Analyst must be able to work with engineers, technical leads, and project managers.
- The Metrics Analyst must be able to analyze and validate metrics data coming from IT service tools (e.g., BMC Remedy, MS Project, MS Excel, and databases).
- The Metrics Analyst must have excellent writing skills and have an understanding of quality processes and procedures.
- The candidate will be required to interact with Vanguard 2.2.1 Service Line Managers to ensure that metrics data reports are generated and submitted as contract deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the generation and validation of Vanguard 2.2.1 contractual deliverables for performance reporting.
- Support the development of documents to address performance indicators or to document data analysis.
- Analyze program performance against SLAs and other program targets. Provide interpretation of deltas in results.
- Support trend analyses associated with performance results.
- Assist with the implementation of the Queue Management tool with Sybermetrics (performance reporting tools with MS SQL backend and web front-end).
- Perform data quality control and support business analytical activities.
- Learn through on the job training current algorithms to better understand, visualize, and interpret massive data sets for the purposes of refining our analysis techniques.
- Produce and validate applications developed along with necessary technical guides and user documentation as applicable.
- Work with data owners and stakeholders to continue maturation of enterprise-wide processes and techniques for developing information based models across the program.
- Design standard and ad-hoc reports to support business objectives and continual service improvement (CSI) using quality controls and practices.
- Assist in creation, maintenance and establishment of configuration management for related databases, software applications and analytical techniques associated with this position.
- Bachelor degree; preferred in an information technology related discipline, computer science, or in mathematics (statistical analysis) with 2+ years experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and with Visio.
- Some experience with Quality assurance practices
- Demonstrated experience with MS SQL Server 2008/2010 suite and web design (data presentation) and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical analysis and data management.
Experience in the following areas would be considered a significant plus:
- Prior experience in an IT services support environment
- Knowledge of ITIL- basic principles through experience, formal training or certification programs.
Must already have an ACTIVE Secret security clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 28, 2018, 1:17:58 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job