Job ID: 2112585 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCIClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work:
NoDescription Job Description
SAIC has an immediate opening for a Project Manager with backgrounds Information Technology (IT) Network Engineering services to oversee the cost, schedule, and performance activities of an Enterprise IT Network Service Provider. The successful applicant will participate within a team of network Systems Engineers and Technical Advisors (SETAs) overseeing the design, delivery, enhancement, and recapitalization of a multi-site environment leveraging Routers, Firewalls, VPNs, Cloud and associated technologies/services. Candidates will leverage their background in implementing network infrastructure service provisioning of backbones, CANs/LANs, Access Controls, VLANs, and similar network related solutions to assess the service provider's proposed approaches for solving organizational needs. Responsibilities
On the Job Training will be provided in the customer's specific knowledge domain, but the successful candidate must be able to:
- Successfully work independently as well as within a team
- Proactively perform as a change agent focused on translating customer requirements into service provider tasking
- Perform technical assessments of a service provider's proposed solutions to ensure they fulfill the customer's requirements
- Track, document, and communicate observations associated with the service provider's solution implementation from a cost, schedule, and performance oversight perspective
- Strategically assess the customer's vision and needs to seek opportunities to influence and improve service delivery quality
- Assist the customer with evaluating service demand against available capacities in an effort to help prioritize expansion verses recapitalization investment
- Evaluate and recommend architecture and acquisition plans, service level terms, and perform business case analysis
- Support the integration of network technologies with other IT domains, such as cloud computing, client/server implementations, Big Data analysis, Quality of Service management, IT resiliency, and Continuity of Operations
- Coordinate activities with IT portfolio managers, policy leads, resource managers, and program managers
- Ensure meeting coordination, scope clarity, policy compliance, and alignment with strategic objectives
- Capture, document, and present analysis process, findings, and project statuses to decision makers
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Qualifications Education:
- Bachelors in a STEM field of study and nine (9) years or more work experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more work experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more work experience; Work experience of more than nine (11) years is sufficient without a degree
- PMP and/or Agile certification is a plus, but not required
- ITIL certification is a plus, but not required
- Five (5) or more years of experience with IT Network Management
- Hands-on experiences with network hardware such as routers (Cisco, Juniper), switches (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade), and Firewalls (Palo Alto, ASA, Sidewinder, IPtables)
- Hands-on experience with network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Multicast, VOIP, HSRP, etc.
- Troubleshooting Layers 1-4 within the OSI 7-Layer stack
- Two (2) or more years of experience with Project Management
- Strong customer relationship management
- Excellent writing, organization, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Simultaneous management of multiple tasks and deliverables
- Must Possess Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance and be willing and able to obtain a Poly
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.